National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

Protests first started today where I live, peaceful and I don't imagine it becoming violent but the city isn't taking chances. Roads closed off and businesses closed down early. Talks of placing a curfew here but just talks.

So you're good with it when it's a company you dont like? Seems like pretty flimsy reasoning then, but ok.
You may have missed this stupid ad that they posted yesterday that literally is inciting riots.

Dear Nike and any other sportsballer people...STFU.

So, yeah I find it funny in a very dark comedic sort of way. But Nike has jumped on many of these events and perpetuated the divide to sell shoes and show they are "woke".

This dickhead's lack of leadership and emasculation of his police force is one of the major reasons that riots and burning shit is normal in Portland.
He wasn't even here last night, he was out of town.

signal-2020-05-30-023216.jpg
That was the Justice Center/police station last night after the fire was out.
signal-2020-05-30-030648.jpg
Those are the steps they are 3 deep on on a regular day. They are also where we towed a car from (plate covered with newspaper) when they tried to ram the doors. We later towed 2 stolen vehicles used to ram stores downtown. So glad it's my weekend...

So, I drove past here roughly a hour ago after I passed by the first time.

That road the protesters are across?
The police blocked it off two intersections up from the road the protesters were facing to set up a detour, before the protestors were in the road.

So someone explain to me how gassing a peaceful protest, on a road the cops already closed off, way a good idea?

ETA: He didn't even finish his order to disperse.

Where are all the Constitutionalists now? Because right to assembly is a pretty fucking big one, but all I ever hear them talk about is guns

Last edited:
You may have missed this stupid ad that they posted yesterday that literally is inciting riots.

So, yeah I find it funny in a very dark comedic sort of way. But Nike has jumped on many of these events and perpetuated the divide to sell shoes and show they are "woke".

I didn't read that ad as inciting violence and telling people to burn down businesses and fight with police. Maybe I'm missing something?

ETA: Crazy how we can all interpret things entirely differently whether it be a mediocre shoe company or a human cheeto.

We now have squad cars burning and more business being looted.

My question:
Was I wrong for hoping a city known for mostly peaceful protests (yes, Vietnam era doesn't hold up) would avoid this? Or was I just...Hopeful.

He wasn't even here last night, he was out of town.

View attachment 34194
That was the Justice Center/police station last night after the fire was out.
View attachment 34195
Those are the steps they are 3 deep on on a regular day. They are also where we towed a car from (plate covered with newspaper) when they tried to ram the doors. We later towed 2 stolen vehicles used to ram stores downtown. So glad it's my weekend...
City Hall and the Historic courthouse are on fire now. What a jackass of a mayor.

Nashville's historic courthouse and city hall set on fire

I have no love for Nike (for reasons already mentioned in this thread), but to say that video is inciting riots is a bit hyperbole. I know people interpret things differently, shown perfectly by all the different reactions we had to one of Trump's tweets, but I don't even see how that could be construed as encouraging violence, whereas with the Trump tweet I could at least see why some people interpreted it different ways.

I haven’t given an Opinion on this because I felt sympathetic to their cause and was conflicted on the Police and Feds using extreme force but after all we have seen especially this video. Fuck those guys I hope the Cops restore full order by any means necessary

Fucking hate this shit, doubly so because I think everyone on this board probably understood it was only a matter of time til this happened.

There will be more deaths; of officers, bystanders, protesters, and rioters before this is finished.
It's a fucking shame. The only upside to videos of this is the potential to get the fuckers that did this.

Back