National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

It’s usually not about lack of training. It’s lack of balls.

Yes sir. Sometimes you have to suck it up and expose yourself in order to get your rounds on target.

Lot's of negative media on cops lately....hell, sometimes we have some bad apples...it happens, like any profession.

Here at least is a good response and outcome in a bank robbery....

FORT MYERS, Fla. — Newly released surveillance video shows the moments an armed man who had taken two people into custody during a bank robbery was shot and killed by a Lee County Sheriff’s Office sniper.

The sniper’s bullet, which was fired from the lobby entrance, pierced a computer monitor and split the two hostages being held in the suspect’s arms to strike the suspect, the video showed.

Video released of sniper killing bank robbery suspect during Lee Co. hostage situation

Absolute three-pointer.

OK so… admittedly I don’t know anything about Police procedure, but it seems to me like he took this from 0 to 100 in about one second. He gave her the notice, she was about to close the door, situation over. He noticed the knife and suddenly it’s a cluster fuck. why?

OK so… admittedly I don’t know anything about Police procedure, but it seems to me like he took this from 0 to 100 in about one second. He gave her the notice, she was about to close the door, situation over. He noticed the knife and suddenly it’s a cluster fuck. why?
My thought too, similar to the shooting in FL.
That said, we don't know what we don't know.
The apartment looked pretty empty, was she expecting the notice?
Multiple calls to the apartment?
Just bat-shit crazy?
FAFO applies the second she charged the officers, stabbing the officer earned her a lead bath. Not going to mourn the departed.

On one of the Sean Ryan interviews, I think it was Tyler Grey, he talks about escalation. He specifically says that in a situation where violence is required you absolutely need to go from 0-100. If it's anything less, and the other side goes higher, you're dead. I don't think it's a closer fuck; I think it's a requirement.

She was armed and charged the officers. Had she just stood there (like the guy in FL) I'd say the shooting wasn't justified. But, she went from passive to active towards the police I think she deserved to "get got" in this case.

Could the officers have done something different prior to her shooting without killing her? I'd think so, but again...she charged the police.

This is where we're at now...

Grand jury declines charges for Columbus officers who shot carjacking suspect in 2023

"A Franklin County grand jury has decided no criminal charges should be filed against two Columbus police officers who fatally shot a man who shot at them and attempted a carjacking in August."

WTF? Why does a Grand Jury even have to convene over a situation like that? How could charges even be possible?

Am I missing something?

Agreed.

Why did the fact that she was holding a knife in her own home matter obligate him to 1. Stay after serving the notice, and, 2. Escalate the situation after having already served it?

This is where we're at now...

Grand jury declines charges for Columbus officers who shot carjacking suspect in 2023

"A Franklin County grand jury has decided no criminal charges should be filed against two Columbus police officers who fatally shot a man who shot at them and attempted a carjacking in August."

WTF? Why does a Grand Jury even have to convene over a situation like that? How could charges even be possible?

Am I missing something?

Every time the police use deadly force, it's classified as a crime and has to be presented to a grand jury for determination. The sniper from the sheriffs office posted earlier, there will be an investigation and the case will go before the grand jury as Murder.

This has been the way it is....well, forever.

Every time the police use deadly force, it's classified as a crime and has to be presented to a grand jury for determination. The sniper from the sheriffs office posted earlier, there will be an investigation and the case will go before the grand jury as Murder.

This has been the way it is....well, forever.
It also helps the Agency protection during any civil suits.

Naw, we still get sued...but if we followed our departments use of force policies...you get the "Qualified Immunity", and the department is the main subject of the lawsuit.

Most cities just pay off the people, usually it's cheaper than fighting the lawsuit....and it's what cities have insurance for.

Back