National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

It also helps the Agency protection during

Naw, we still get sued...but if we followed our departments use of force policies...you get the "Qualified Immunity", and the department is the main subject of the lawsuit.

Most cities just pay off the people, usually it's cheaper than fighting the lawsuit....and it's what cities have insurance for.

So, tax payers foot the bill? ;)

Most cities just pay off the people, usually it's cheaper than fighting the lawsuit....and it's what cities have insurance for.
This is true, but I hate this "logic" and believe it's flawed. I'd like to see someone actually crunch the numbers on this because these are civil cases, which generally means the losing party is responsible for ALL legal fees, including opposing council.

Most of these lawsuits are b.s. and even a half competent city attorney or their contracted firm should win these. Doing so would save taxpayers money and discourage more people from looking for easy payouts.

Personally, I believe, if any LEO or medic fucks up, gets department sued, it should not be tax payers, rather, your pension that gets to foot the bill.

The result is you’ll have no public servants.

Police, EMS, fire… everyone goes out and does the job at the behest of, and with delegated authority from, the public. It is only proper that the public also defends and indemnifies those people.

There’s an argument to be made that deliberate malfeasance should not be covered. And in my department, it isn’t. But truth be told, most lawsuits against the police aren’t about that. They’re money grabs.

The result is you’ll have no public servants.

Police, EMS, fire… everyone goes out and does the job at the behest of, and with delegated authority from, the public. It is only proper that the public also defends and indemnifies those people.

There’s an argument to be made that deliberate malfeasance should not be covered. And in my department, it isn’t. But truth be told, most lawsuits against the police aren’t about that. They’re money grabs.

I see your point but when public servants fuck the pooch, why do, we have to foot the bill instead of the trash that did the dirt?

But they do, if a police officer, firefighter, or paramedic does something outside of training or protocol, they are fired, open to being sued individually….or even arrested.

They are then not supported by the departments legal team and do not get qualified immunity.

Sometimes a cow will go down that "fuck around and find out" road - and you CANNOT let that shit slide - these cows are farting up our ozone - giving away milk that should be saved for their babies - and contributing to the continuing push-back against those trying to transition people to a vegan lifestyle...

Fuck cows

Sometimes a cow will go down that "fuck around and find out" road - and you CANNOT let that shit slide - these cows are farting up our ozone - giving away milk that should be saved for their babies - and contributing to the continuing push-back against those trying to transition people to a vegan lifestyle...

Fuck cows
Plus, they taste really good.

Back