National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

Round-up of some big stories today

That ANTIFA_US tweet that has been going around, the one that called for "moving into white hoods"

Apparently set up by white nationalists/Groypers

Dont know what Gropyers are? Think the far-right version of ANTIFA. Loosely coordinated, vastly opinionated, and even hates people on their side who aren't "conservative enough".

Here's an article about them Trying to shut down Trump Jr.

Outside of that, Twitter also put a violence tag on Rep Gaetz for tweeting

“Now that we clearly see Antifa as terrorists, can we hunt them down like we do those in the Middle East?”

It's just noise to distract. Antifa has local chapter twitter accounts in a few places, but there won't be any calls for violence from them. Activity and guidance for violence is organized and not public. There's a few forums on darkweb that you can find some of it.

The day people want to start paying cops as much as we pay pilots, and the day cops get just as much training & development as pilots, then I guarantee you all of these woes will be solved. You'd get the best of the best.

But... we live in the real world, where people don't want to pay for jack shit. A nation never gets what it needs, it only gets what it deserves.

The craziest thing to me, is to think “what could I have done to change what happened to George Floyd?” Nothing is that answer. If I as a medical professional saw that this man went limp, and went to render aid, I likely would have been arrested and possibly assaulted.

{IMHO - I don't think "nothing" is the "answer". Those cops KNEW they were wrong. The Asian at the back of the Explorer KNEW he was wrong. He WANTED to intervene but looked like he was a rookie and was outranked. If many on this board had seen that happening on the street, I think risking a bumrush and a tasing at minute 5 of the knee to the neck to save George's life would have been worth the 5 day jail stay.}

There was no compassion, there was very little humanity. The complete lack of empathy by so many wearing Blue in this nation is sickening. A no knock warrant results in police murdering someone in the house of a licensed gun owner defending his property, a man is held down and suffocated on the street, police shooting unarmed men in the back while they run away, and what recourse do we have?

{Please don't generalize the Blue Line with your "so many wearing Blue" statement. Their numbers are sickened by what happened far worse than the general public, trust me. What recourse? The 1st Amendment is what we have, but the 1st Amendment is not what you're seeing. You are seeing a bastardization of the 1st Amendment by many far left groups who are far too inclusive to mention here. They burn, pillage, and rape downtrodden communities in the middle of the night in the name of Democracy and the African American race.}

Sitting on your porch, “Get the fuck in your house or else..... light em up.” As an American, truly how can you defend yourself?the 2A doesn’t really help anyone. It doesn’t help if they fire rubber bullets at you while you are sitting on your porch. You can’t respond, you can’t defend yourself, you certainly cannot fire back. At what point does the 2A really allow you to defend yourself against tyranny, because goddamn, it seems like we are seeing some of it now. Following the law isn’t the answer because they can hit your house while you are sleeping, on accident, and if you defend yourself, attempted murder on a cop.. Trying to defend your fellow citizens could be just as disastrous. If I see cops absolutely womping on some poor soul, I can’t even step in and try and stop them without getting fucking womped myself.

{Don't give up on the 2A, ever. The RTKBA means exactly that, and has for over 200yrs. Know your rights. Don't give up, don't give them up.}

I used to believe that if you followed the law and were respectful the police would leave you be. I used to believe that you could protest without getting tear gassed. I used to think it was ok to sit on the porch of my private property. These days, I don’t know that it is true.

{Yes you do and yes they will. Believe it. Respect them and they will respect you.}

If POTUS does order active duty military into American cities, how can one possibly defend themselves if they decide you are “bad”? Are all the “come and take them” crowd going to sit idly by while the military is taking their rights away? This wouldn’t be wearing a mask, and being asked to stay home. This would be curfews/stay at home orders enforced via violence from the federal government. This would be “let me see your papers”. POTUS seemed to be almost giddy to have that happen on the phone call with governors yesterday. It is terrifying.

{Follow the laws, follow the curfews, follow the mask orders, wash your hands, sanitize, protect your kids, protect your grandkids, defend your family. Decide you're "bad"? How? For what? Papers? For what?}

I don’t have any answers. I am scared of the direction that we are headed. Today I am sad for America. I’m sad for all Americans.

Stay safe, stay smart, stay at home, protect what's yours, keep a gun and a flashlight handy.

I agree It's been a long, long week for America and I'm sad as well.

There have been a lot of bad decisions made by everyone.

Stay safe, stay smart, stay at home, protect what's yours, keep a flashlight handy.

I agree It's been a long, long week for America and I'm sad as well.

There have been a lot of bad decisions made by everyone.

So, your description of the Asian cop as I understand it is not correct.

Officers Chauvin and Thao were the training officers on site. The rookies were Officers Lane and Kueng.

I "possibly" stand corrected (If the positioning and naming of the officers is correct-not sure) but the Asian officer at the back of the vehicle was obviously uncomfortable several times. No excuses as he should have acted and saved George's life while at other times he was nonchalant. Disgusting either way.

The day people want to start paying cops as much as we pay pilots, and the day cops get just as much training & development as pilots, then I guarantee you all of these woes will be solved. You'd get the best of the best.

But... we live in the real world, where people don't want to pay for jack shit. A nation never gets what it needs, it only gets what it deserves.

Most pilots make less than most police officers.

I have had many of my friends lately asked me about security measures for their home, how to get our state pistol permit, how to buy a gun/ammo and firearms training because of this. They are a mix of people who have had training and some never had. Some have guns and some want their first one.

I "possibly" stand corrected (If the positioning and naming of the officers is correct-not sure) but the Asian officer at the back of the vehicle was obviously uncomfortable several times. No excuses as he should have acted and saved George's life while at other times he was nonchalant. Disgusting either way.
They all suck. At one point all four of them were on the deceased, which is after he'd already been put in the squad car.

Most pilots make less than most police officers.

Huh? Median Income of an Airline pilot is Airline Pilot Salary | Salary.com

Police Officer: Police Officer Salary | Salary.com

Last edited:
They all suck. At one point all four of them were on the deceased, which is after he'd already been put in the squad car.

Huh? Median Income of an Airline pilot is Airline Pilot Salary | Salary.com

Police Officer: Police Officer Salary | Salary.com

Yes, your big 747 type pilots make what that says, but it takes years for most pilots to get there. Most start off making around $25k a year.

And most police officers I know will make more than that, especially after OT is factored in.

Back