National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

I believe they saved "blackface" from a face full of quick dry cement and/or a few axe handles to the head by "arresting/detaining him.

Gotta give it to Frey, took a huge set of brass clankers to go in there solo, but he still left to the sound of "shame - shame - shame".

GF Memorial a few miles from my house yesterday. I thought it prudent to pay my respects by watching it on the tele. RIP George. Justice is coming.

I'm for the 1st Amendment as long as the protests stay peaceful. The lamestream media are stoking the violence.

‪Today Minneapolis Mayor Frey learned an important lesson. Common sense (reform vs. defunding of MPD) never wins out against PitchFork nation.

You let them burn your city down, but they discard you if you are not 100% aligned with their message.

That dude is whack. So looking him up he campaigned on increasing the zoning areas of affordable housing and police reform. So they increased the budget and purchased a fuck ton of body cams. But he also cut the budget to training, getting rid of the "warrior" training program. (Whatever that was) He did not attempt to seek replacing the training block with other types of training or funding community-led safety programs.

I bet this dude gets recalled.

Appeasing the mob does you nothing unless the mob is already amenable. Which the only crowd I've seen amenable anywhere was Flint, MI.

But he also cut the budget to training, getting rid of the "warrior" training program. (Whatever that was)

"Warrior Training" was created by LTC(R) David Grossman (the guy who wrote On Killing).

The lecture program is designed to get officers to imagine themselves as "knights or superheroes" and anyone in the community as a threat.

This video(comedy/lefty views notwithstanding) highlights a good amount of stuff from these lectures starting at ~6 minutes in.

Here's an article about why Minneapolis got rid of it.

"Warrior Training" was created by LTC(R) David Grossman (the guy who wrote On Killing).

The lecture program is designed to get officers to imagine themselves as "knights or superheroes" and anyone in the community as a threat.

This video(comedy/lefty views notwithstanding) highlights a good amount of stuff from these lectures starting at ~6 minutes in.

Here's an article about why Minneapolis got rid of it.
Yeah I'm not saying it was a bad idea to remove that block, just that he failed to address the training issues/lack of training MNPD has.

I wonder if we're going to be dealing with mass protests/riots like Europe does now. If so, Law Enforcement stuff will have to change significantly including establishment of national riot units that can be deployed on a moments notice.

Last edited:
GF Memorial a few miles from my house yesterday. I thought it prudent to pay my respects by watching it on the tele. RIP George. Justice is coming.

I'm for the 1st Amendment as long as the protests stay peaceful. The lamestream media are stoking the violence.

Yep, it's all over the local news. I am pleased and proud of our local population that most of the protests have been peaceful.

I don't know if I saw it posted here before the update or somewhere else but I someone described the following and I agree:

Everyone's now in a race to "prove" they're the "least racist" by making meaningless, knee-jerk, "feel good", "politically correct" statements and decisions. It's tantamount to placing a silly black square on IG accounts; they don't really want to do anything but it makes them look/feel good about themselves.

I'm confident my view is not a popular one but this isn't really about racism. This is an issue ignorance from many angles. Primarily it's an abuse of power by those in authority. It's manipulating a narrative to tell a story of victimization partial truths. It's about lack of accountability at various levels.

What I'm about to say next will probably be even less popular. In terms of race, I'm frustrated with masses jumping on the BLM bandwagon and the various claims of racism and privilege that are so loosely thrown around. To single out strife in one community without recognition of it in others, and especially without acknowledgment of personal accountability, is itself racist. To paint broad brushes and claim "white privilege", is an inherently racist viewpoint. It's disingenuous. To suggest that one group of people can't possibly understand or have a voice about another group because they're not part of said group is false - these are broad generalizations; we do it all the time with many things. It's all frustrating. The viewpoint and the way the discussion is framed is so disingenuous; it's actually more damaging than helpful.

Last edited:
I don't know if I saw it posted here before the update or somewhere else but I someone described the following and I agree:

Everyone's now in a race to "prove" they're the "least racist" by making meaningless, knee-jerk, "feel good", "politically correct" statements and decisions. It's tantamount to placing a silly black square on IG accounts; they don't really want to do anything but it makes them look/feel good about themselves.

I'm confident my view is not a popular one but this isn't really about racism. This is an issue ignorance from many angles. Primarily it's an abuse of power by those in authority. It's manipulating a narrative to tell a story of victimization partial truths. It's about lack of accountability at various levels.

What I'm about to say next will probably be even less popular. In terms of race, I'm frustrated with masses jumping on the BLM bandwagon and the various claims of racism and privilege that are so loosely thrown around. To single out strife in one community without recognition of it in others, and especially without acknowledgment of personal accountability, is itself racist. To paint broad brushes and claim "white privilege", is an inherently racist viewpoint. It's disingenuous. To suggest that one group of people can't possibly understand or have a voice about another group because they're not part of said group is false - these are broad generalizations; we do it all the time with many things. It's all frustrating. The viewpoint and the way the discussion is framed is so disingenuous; it's actually more damaging than helpful.

I mentioned it and I think @Ooh-Rah did as well, I totally agree. I think it's a lot more popular than you think, the problem is I think people are getting bullied by putting that perspective out, so they are not. Social media has become nothing more than a bully pulpit, and it is just like middle school and junior high all over again.

I mentioned it and I think @Ooh-Rah did as well, I totally agree. I think it's a lot more popular than you think, the problem is I think people are getting bullied by putting that perspective out, so they are not. Social media has become nothing more than a bully pulpit, and it is just like middle school and junior high all over again.

IMO it's more than that. It's a new religion, with all of the fervor and violence that comes with it.

Back