National Protest and 'disband the cops' discussion (please review page 1)

There may well be a "causation vs. correlation" argument to be made here, but it seems logical to me that a reduction in funding, massive increases in police officers walking away from the job, and a general reluctance to mix it up on the street due to the "Ferguson Effect" could be the cause of murders rising among all races in America.

Massive increase in Black Americans murdered was result of defund police movement: experts

Reduce police presence and the gangs can operate freely, move money and drugs, settle old scores, intimidate the populace and enforce the “law of the street.”

Murders are up for all the reasons you mention. The liberal approach to a solution is passing more gun laws which have no effect at all in the hood where the majority of guns are stolen, black market or straw purchases that get passed around.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Minneapolis…

Frey denounces violence against Minneapolis city workers as threatening flyer surfaces

A flyer that threatens retaliation against city leaders for clearing out homeless encampments is circulating through south Minneapolis.

The writing on the flyer says, “You Sweep, We Strike,” and has an image of a person throwing what appears to be a Molotov cocktail. The flyer names a top aide to Mayor Jacob Frey as well as the head of Community Planning and Economic Development and the director of Regulatory Services.

CAA49FB4-F3B3-4D5B-BDAB-575DA0F1E18C.jpeg

Last edited:
We have homeless encampments that pop up in city parks and open corners. People protest like crazy when the city attempts to move them out.
Austin voters made their city a homeless encampment, and then the Latte Liberals got really tired and voted to make camping in the city limits illegal. Funny.

Latte liberalism is just "we like to feel good about ourselves but don't want to be inconvenienced" politics.

Attacking homelessness (from my viewpoint) requires actually investing money into drug treatment programs, mental health facilities, temporary public housing, and job skills/placement programs.
It's a lot easier to say "we dont hate the homeless, but they're criminals when they are camping in city limits, so we don't have to help them."

Latte liberalism is just "we like to feel good about ourselves but don't want to be inconvenienced" politics.

Attacking homelessness (from my viewpoint) requires actually investing money into drug treatment programs, mental health facilities, temporary public housing, and job skills/placement programs.
It's a lot easier to say "we dont hate the homeless, but they're criminals when they are camping in city limits, so we don't have to help them."

Nah, brah, you're overthinking it. Just need good public transportation to bus them to the next juries over.

In all seriousness, yes, it's multimodal and requires money and commitment.

The bussing over next door though? Next town over did that.

Nah, brah, you're overthinking it. Just need good public transportation to bus them to the next juries over.

In all seriousness, yes, it's multimodal and requires money and commitment.

The bussing over next door though? Next town over did that.

I'm not surprised. I know that's been a thing in Cali, LA area in particular, for a while now.
Richer zip codes literally bus the homeless to poorer zip codes that don't have the money to provide resources.

Ironically that's the solution to so many of America and Canada's problems, including gun violence.

Why would Irvine want Homeless encampment when LA is giving away hotel rooms for free and continuously wasting more taxpayer dollars to combat the issue. I need to find it, but there's a study that shows the more money is spent on the homeless problem, the worse it grows.

But then we have the random trash where an apartment complex will increase the rent by 50% forcing out a ten year resident who's disabled and on a fixed income. Don't even need empathy, bean counters need to just have a brain.

Last edited:
Why would Irvine want Homeless encampment when LA is giving away hotel rooms for free and continuously wasting more taxpayer dollars to combat the issue. I need to find it, but there's a study that shows the more money is spent on the homeless problem, the worse it grows.

But then we have the random trash where an apartment complex will increase the rest by 50% forcing out a ten year resident who's disabled and on a fixed income. Don't even need empathy, bean counters need to just have a brain.

Simply, homelessness is now a profitable government business model; we see it here. Governments offer grants to "non-profits" and the more they grow, the more they employ. All it does is waste tax dollars on sub par services that never fix the problems.

But then we have the random trash where an apartment complex will increase the rest by 50% forcing out a ten year resident who's disabled and on a fixed income. Don't even need empathy, bean counters need to just have a brain.

I think I've seen the study you're referencing, or at least a similar one that looked at California.

The one I remember found that as cities focused on a "housing first" model to combat homelessness, they wound up spending more money over time because the programs aren't effective in the long term. Again, Latte liberalism says "if they have a place to live, they aren't homeless! Job done!".

A large portion of the homeless problem is tied to mental health/addiction issues, or education/housing markets being dogshit.

The stat is a year or so old, but I do remember that roughly 20%-25% of the people living in the homeless shelters here actually had full time jobs, but they can't afford a place to live because of the market. Every attempt to build more multi unit housing that's affordable gets shot down, but it'd be super helpful to balance the market out. Our cost of living is starting to surpass Denver.

I think I've seen the study you're referencing, or at least a similar one that looked at California.

The one I remember found that as cities focused on a "housing first" model to combat homelessness, they wound up spending more money over time because the programs aren't effective in the long term. Again, Latte liberalism says "if they have a place to live, they aren't homeless! Job done!".

A large portion of the homeless problem is tied to mental health/addiction issues, or education/housing markets being dogshit.

The stat is a year or so old, but I do remember that roughly 20%-25% of the people living in the homeless shelters here actually had full time jobs, but they can't afford a place to live because of the market. Every attempt to build more multi unit housing that's affordable gets shot down, but it'd be super helpful to balance the market out. Our cost of living is starting to surpass Denver.

That's where we are at with housing needs. Small town's and rural area's that never saw a single homeless person, are now dealing with multiple encampments. A large portion of them are working, single parents and families; that just can't afford the housing available. All because those latte liberals moved from big cities during the pandemic, making a fortune off their home sales and driving home prices here astronomically.

Not an exact match for this thread, but didn't want to start a new one:

California sheriff 'infuriated' by release of drug traffickers caught with 150,000 fentanyl pills

To sum up, California cops busted drug traffickers with 150,000 fentanyl pills. The judge in the case ordered them released without bail prior to trial. 1) released??? 2) without bail??? 3) without informing the arresting department??

Wow.

Not to take this lightly...but maybe the Judge should look around to see who votes in their community. Because shit like won't be tolerated by the good people of Tulare. I suspect the Sheriff will be filing a bar complaint against the Judge.

But hey, liberals wanted bail reform and shit. Well bail reform just means more criminals on the street. 🤷‍♂️

Back