New on the list. Former Army, Former Felon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexPriest

Unverified
Just to be honourable, let me say that I am a former felon, on parole for manslaughter. If anyone has any questions about that, they can contact me at XXXXXXX*, and we can discuss the circumstances. The main reason I joined this site is simple. One of my claimants is a grunt suffering from PTSD, and combat sustained injuries. He is also my brother in law, and I wanted an additional resource to sound out ideas to help him, and other vets who may come my way. The state of Alaska does not recognize psychological/emotional stressors as a valid component of Voc. Rehab., so they will not send vets in for independent therapy, or evaluation. I'm working to change that, as it has been my experience that the scars of the body heal, or can be worked around, but the scars of the mind are lasting, and slippery...

* No!

The state of Alaska does not recognize psychological/emotional stressors as a valid component of Voc. Rehab...

But the VA does, and the VA has a regional office in Alaska. Why wouldn't you go through them first, (if your claim is legit and you're not working a scam)? If your claimant brother-in-law has combat sustained injuries then he must have a Purple Heart, right? That, plus valid medical/psych documentation will open doors at the VA for further treatment and voc rehab if he qualifies. If the VA shoots you down, the state won't touch you and I don't blame them.

Are you required to tell people you are a felon? This has to be one of the most strange intro's I have ever read.

As for the PTSD stuff, the VA is in full swing in taking care of vet's who suffer from PTSD/TBI. If you are looking to build a better support base from the state of Alaska I would talk to the many vet groups that fight for vets on a daily bases.

One of my claimants is a grunt suffering from PTSD, and combat sustained injuries.

He is also my brother in law, and I wanted an additional resource to sound out ideas to help him, and other vets who may come my way. ..................... I'm working to change that, as it has been my experience that the scars of the body heal, or can be worked around, but the scars of the mind are lasting, and slippery...

Wow.......convicted felon.......and somehow we're supposed to PM you for details?? You threw it out there, so now explain.

I have better things to do than PM you for details. You have exactly 1 post on this forum of heroes, and now we're supposed to chase you down?? Not gonna happen.

Claimant?? What does that mean exactly?? He's testifying against you or for you?? We don't have time for your form of drama.

'Other vets who come my way'??........what type of advice are you going to give to a former vet, you being a convicted felon........wow.

Kudos for trying to help a vet suffering from PTSD, AND THERE ARE MANY HERE, but your creds are left 'wanting'.

Thanks for trying to save us from ourselves. NOT.

:cool:

:2c:

Whoa dude. Being a victim of a violent crime, also having PTSD-the word felon, scares the fuck out of me. Explanation needed.

UH, WTF!!!

You probably should have just told us about your Army days. I think that is just a little to much information!!!

8'Duece - LMAO - you are my hero!!!

I once got a ticket for riding my bicycle drunk in the park..but it was sort of a fake ticket as I knew the "arresting" officer and he gave me and my bike a ride home but that was after I challenged him to a duel. But I digress..I want full disclosure on the manslaughter thing. I mean honestly if you are going to throw out there "Hi Im a felon" you are obviously bursting to dish on it. How much hard time did you do before parole? You've picqued my curiosity as Im sure was your intention. Im gonna go get my popcorn and await your response.
Oh sorry about your Brother in Law and welcome to SS.

Thanks, at least, for the entertainment. Major kudos to RB for putting into text what we are all thinking, and Deuce owes me a bowl full of Frosty Flakes which are now on the floor thanks to his post.

In all seriousness, isn't this thread created by you, not as a requiremrnt for entry into Shadoewpear,
but to aquire information for assistamce with PTSD claims? Quite possibly, your own? :2c:

You can go where you please, you can skid up the trees,
but you don't get away from the guns!. . .Rudyard Kipling

Really guy?

How about you post here the circumstances of your felony, we'd appreciate it.

I removed your email address too, that's a no go.

OK, looks like we're done here. I'm closing this thread. Alex, if you want you can try again with a different intro, although I recommend you contact RB via the site's private message function before you post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back