Old member back on

JohnnyBoyUSMC

Click, click, boom.
Verified Military
Hey all, been a member for awhile but since it's been forever since I was on here and posted figured id repost a intro. Just finished up over eight years in the Marine Corps, 0311, and start college this month, though I will admit to missing the military life and having thoughts and aspirations of going Army and the 75th, though will probably take advantage of all the GI bill offers and get my degree first. Until then, will continue to focus and sharpen mind, body, and soul in the aspiration of not only once again joining the warrior brotherhood, but the SOF/Ranger one as well. Thanks to all who have known me before and those that wish me well in the future.

"Former" Sgt. JohnnyBoy, USMC

Texas Tech in Lubbock Tx. My grandfather isn't in as good health as he used to be so living with him and helping him out/going go school. Part of the reason I left the Corps, to help him out, though like I said hope to return to being a warrior once school is finished, it's what I am :)

Nice! I'm considering one of the PhD programs at Texas Tech for someday down the road.

Welcome back. I was just in Lubbock about a month ago. The drive sucked but the town was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be haha.

Grew up here and it has grown a lot more in the past few years to be sure! The drive sucks I agree but it's a decent place to live in! Marauder I'd deff consider it, my orientation is next week but from what I've gathered it's a good school, also vet friendly. Hell they have a vet center on campus, all I gotta do is hand em my student ID and class schedule and since I already gave em the paperwork for my GI bill they take care of the rest of it, as in payments to the school, ur living allowance, all of it. Decent place to go, plus u can be anywhere in the city in like 20 minutes or less lol!

If you ever find yourself in the Fort Worth area, let me know and I'll take you out for a beer.

My sis lives in Dallas, will hit ya up when I visit. My sis will buy u one too, her 21st birthday she was buying drinks for every vet in the place, though she'd rather see me stay out of the military :p

Thanks to all, and thanks cdg, last time I got called by my former rank I was called up two weeks after I got out telling me I had duty. Needless to say I had to enlighten em that someone needs to update their duty roster with people NOT eas'ed :p

Thanks to all, and thanks cdg, last time I got called by my former rank I was called up two weeks after I got out telling me I had duty. Needless to say I had to enlighten em that someone needs to update their duty roster with people NOT eas'ed :p

Hahahaha... Nice. Military efficiency at its finest. :D

Yea, well when they called asking for me always said "yes but it's former sgt not" was a bit embarrassed when I pulled that smart ass line on a major who called saying he was sorry about a late letter of recommendation he was email'ing me. Needless to say I was apologetic to him, especially since that letter helped seal the deal to my acceptance to university.

Back