Podcasts.

Agreed. If you (we, the people) didn't know that the government will murder you for nonsense, Ruby Ridge and Waco was proof that they will.
I was at a bar with a bunch of clients for the leadership consulting gig I’ve gotten into and one of them asked me what the biggest thing I learned after so much time in the military. She meant leadership lesson but I took it in another direction. I told her “the most important thing I learned in the military is, that our government often does things that we think only other governments do” and left it at that.

Recent domestic political events in the US reinforce that opinion.

Last edited:
I was at a bar with a bunch of clients for the leadership consulting gig I’ve for, and one of them asked me what the biggest thing I learned after so much time in the military. She meant leadership lesson but I took it in another direction. I told her “the most important thing I learned in the military is, that our government often does things that we rethink only other governments do” and left it at that.

Recent domestic political events in the US reinforce that opinion.

It's not surprising that many US Military vets think this way. Maybe, it's why Barack said what he said regarding vets a few years back.

Matt Baker always has good stuff to say. He's always super careful not to let out too much. Too bad he refuses to break all those NDAs and spill some real secrets...lol

Outside of the Joe Rogan Experience (hit and miss) I generally only listen to ones that are recommended to me. I do listen more to JRE, but really agree that it's dependent on the guest and how the conversation takes place. I really enjoy some the experts he brings on, mostly having to do with history, medical, nutritional or scientific research. The ones where he is just BS'ing, get annoying really quickly.

I tend to like investigative reporting style podcasts, more than opinionated or promotional styles.

Love TED!

I agree. The JRE podcast is hit or miss depending on the guest. I enjoy all the podcasts with Neil deGrasse Tyson because he goes into depth about different science topics; he explains things in a simple way to understand, but also can explain the concept in a more advanced way and can switch back and forth with ease. I remember a podcast with him where he explained how ice skating works; when you are ice skating, the blades create a lot of pressure and friction that the ice melts and creates a bead of water under the skates that makes it so that you glide, so you are actually water gliding. He also said that it’s possible that ice can’t be skatable if the combination of pressure and friction of the skates is not high enough to melt the ice. Here is the clip:

Also, think about this: no one in existence has actually responded or posted in forums or any other media by touching their screen or typing on their keyboards; their atoms have lol. Everything is made up of atoms and when atoms get close to each other they produce a repulsive exchange force which probably acts on your nervous system to make you “feel” the screen or keyboard.

Exchange force: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Forces/exchg.html

These guys explain it better than me; they also have some interesting thoughts about this touching thing.

What does it mean for two objects to "touch"?

Why are attraction forces long range forces and repulsion forces short range forces?

"I'm not actually touching you! The electrons in the atoms of my skin are just getting really close to yours!"

If I'd have known this 40 years ago, my "just the tip" game would have been on point.

I feel like the shit physicists say to fill up space on the page when they are doing their thesis "might" be true - but that shit has no place in the real world...
...me not touching somebody at the bar - right in their fucking face - for not bumping into me and not getting my drink all over the clothes that I'm not really wearing is NOT going to hold up in court.

Besides - who REALLY has time to watch a podcast when we're all busty texting and driving?

@Bluebird19 don’t let a little ball busting dissuade you. You’re doing the right thing by reading the forum and engaging in conversation. Stay the course.

To be fair, and its not my dog in the hunt, but @AWP has previously and kindly advised the member that he'd be better served to participate in more recent discussion.
Some friendly advice? You have 8 posts, 2 of which are responding to really old posts. In this case, it is 1 month shy of a decade and also hasn't seen any new posts since 2013.

This thread was dead when you were nine.

Typically, bringing a thread back to life is frowned upon unless the new post adds to the discussion. Yours...did not.

You do you, but you will make your stay here easier with a little better situational awareness.

Busting on a member who is trying to get involved...

It has been my observation that getting your balls busted by AWP (and maybe even a few others others) just means that folks are at least reading your posts...
-The people that REALLY suck generally just get ignored.

amiright?
anyone?
...is anyone paying attention to what I'm saying here?

Back