Podcasts.

O'Neill was outed by other members of DEVGRU as not being the shooter. Like always, the first news becomes the "truth."

I’ve just started to the listen to the Start Here podcast produced by ABC News each morning. Typically a 20-30 minute in-depth look at “something”. The one they did yesterday on the plane that lost its panel a few days ago is fascinating.

IMG_2976.jpeg

Partially because I wanted to make a post that didn't involve partisan political snark, and partly because I'm kind of proud of this one, below is a link to a recent podcast I did, talking about "commander's intent" and its utility in business, the military, and in the police force.

Mission Success Strategies: Unpacking Commander's Intent and building resilience with Havok Journal's Charlie Faint | Project Sapient (Police & Military Discussions)

When I got my current job four and a half years ago, I was told I interviewed well and was going to get anyway, but what sealed the deal was when my boss and my big boss (VP of the health system) asked about how much oversight I needed to do my job, probing to see if I had initiative or needed to be a micromanaged.

I told them to just give me the broadest framework on the end state or the ultimate goal, and let me loose. Commander's intent. I told them I would check in if I needed help and just to make sure I was staying between my left and right guardrails otherwise just leave me alone to do my job.

Last edited:
I told them to just give me the broadest framework on the end state or the ultimate goal, and let me loose. Commander's intent. I told them I would check in if I needed help and just to make sure I was staying between my left and right guardrails otherwise just leave me alone to do my job.

Sounds like a free-thinking adult.

Work sets you free.

Back