Raid on President Trump's Home

You've gotta give it a couple months for one of the FBI counter Intel agents to retire and release their tell all book.

Look for Hands-Deep in his Taint: Investigating Trump's Mar-a-Lago Documents on book shelves and reading apps this holiday season.

Jokes aside, I am waiting for more leaks to the media. I bet within two weeks of this taint team finishing there start being stories about what this stuff was.
No we'll probably get the book and about 10 articles from Maggie Hagerman exclaiming she was right in her reporting...when she isn't and is being fed bullshit or lying...and the NYT will never submit a retraction or apology while Trump is alive.

Fascists huh? The Biden administration has pretty successfully made Google, faceplant & Twitter censor scientists & journalists it doesn't like. If the object of Fascism is to alter societies class structure & bow down to meaningless symbolism, (EV, climate etc.) the Dems are way in front on this. All Hail! Mussolini would be proud.

Looks like the DOJ is building an obstruction case regarding these files, alleging that they documents were willfully hidden when FBI agents were at Mar-A-Lago in June.
Though Trump has said he had declassified all of the documents at Mar-a-Lago, his lawyers did not suggest that during the visit and instead "handled them in a manner that suggested counsel believed that the documents were classified," according to the document.

FBI agents who went there to receive additional materials were given "a single Redweld envelope, double-wrapped in tape, containing the documents," the filing states.

That envelope, according to the FBI, contained 38 unique documents with classification markings, including five documents marked confidential, 16 marked secret and 17 marked top secret.

During that visit, the document says, Trump's lawyers told investigators that all the records that had come from the White House were stored in one location — a Mar-a-Lago storage room — and that "there were no other records stored in any private office space or other location at the Premises and that all available boxes were searched."

After that, though, the Justice Department, which had subpoenaed video footage for the property, "developed evidence that government records were likely concealed and removed from the Storage Room and that efforts were likely taken to obstruct the government's investigation." The filing does not identify the individuals who may have relocated the boxes.

In their August search, agents found classified documents both in the storage room as well as in the former president's office — including three classified documents found not in boxes, but in office desks.

"That the FBI, in a matter of hours, recovered twice as many documents with classification markings as the 'diligent search' that the former President's counsel and other representatives had weeks to perform calls into serious question the representations made in the June 3 certification and casts doubt on the extent of cooperation in this matter," the document states.

Trump's lawyers are still pushing for a special master, basically arguing that all of the documents found are no big deal, and that the DOJ is making the June meeting seem worse than it was.

In Wednesday's response, Trump's attorneys downplayed the Justice Department's concerns about the classified material found at Mar-a-Lago, saying in the filing that there was no "cause for alarm."

They added that the Justice Department "significantly mischaracterized" in their filing a meeting in June between prosecutors and Trump's legal team. And, they added, that without a special master, prosecutors will "impugn, leak and publicize" details of its investigation.

Looks like the DOJ is building an obstruction case regarding these files, alleging that they documents were willfully hidden when FBI agents were at Mar-A-Lago in June.

Trump's lawyers are still pushing for a special master, basically arguing that all of the documents found are no big deal, and that the DOJ is making the June meeting seem worse than it was.
If the material was classified, I'd need to see the agents TSC-SCI documents in front of me. Otherwise I think that causes more spillage yeah. And even if so, it's like here are the boxes in a secure facility. Get effed.

FBI continuing to be a tool of political malfeasance.

If the material was classified, I'd need to see the agents TSC-SCI documents in front of me. Otherwise I think that causes more spillage yeah. And even if so, it's like here are the boxes in a secure facility. Get effed.

FBI continuing to be a tool of political malfeasance.
If the material was still classified, then I think the former President was probably not allowed to possess it, at least outside of a legit SCIF, and the material should have been subject to being recalled by the Federal Government. The argument that the Trump team is making is that then-President Trump declassified everything before he left. So if that was the case, then it shouldn't really matter who sees them.

If the material was still classified, then I think the former President was probably not allowed to possess it, at least outside of a legit SCIF, and the material should have been subject to being recalled by the Federal Government. The argument that the Trump team is making is that then-President Trump declassified everything before he left. So if that was the case, then it shouldn't really matter who sees them.

But again that's not really what's going on. What's going on is the FBI being stupid or acting overtly against s political opponent in a spat between a former president and the National Archives. There is exactly zero finesse being used. However I'm not surprised. The current POTUS is just as bad with his mouth, except he's worse politically because he wants to disrupt my way of life and being more divisive than ever. But because he's a Democrat that's completely ok with the idiots that control the media.

Exactly zero unification going on. Just vindictive division.

But again that's not really what's going on. What's going on is the FBI being stupid or acting overtly against s political opponent in a spat between a former president and the National Archives. There is exactly zero finesse being used. However I'm not surprised. The current POTUS is just as bad with his mouth, except he's worse politically because he wants to disrupt my way of life and being more divisive than ever. But because he's a Democrat that's completely ok with the idiots that control the media.

I think what you said in the above post, and what I said in my last one, are both accurate. Either the materials are classified, or they're not. That's one issue. The other, and more important issue IMO, is the politically-motivated actions against a rival for President. I mean, the last president got impeached over that...

Answer me this: what agency is responsible for counterintelligence issues in CONUS? How would the National Archives recover classified documents when they don’t have any mechanism to do so?

Let’s not forget that nobody knew about this raid UNTIL Trump decided to tweet about it. Or whatever it is they do on Truth social. The FBI exercised plenty of discretion in the matter, right up until Trump did what he always does - open his mouth and blurt out his thoughts.

Answer me this: what agency is responsible for counterintelligence issues in CONUS? How would the National Archives recover classified documents when they don’t have any mechanism to do so?

Let’s not forget that nobody knew about this raid UNTIL Trump decided to tweet about it. Or whatever it is they do on Truth social. The FBI exercised plenty of discretion in the matter, right up until Trump did what he always does - open his mouth and blurt out his thoughts.

You mean the organization of Ruby Ridge and Waco fame? Do you really think we should trust them? Same organization where no one involved in the Steele Dossier went to prison for interference in an election? That three letter organization. I think the only thing we can trust them on is the kiddie port prosecution units. Everything else? Disband.

Not entirely true.

Just because something isn’t classified, doesn’t mean anyone and everyone can see it.

You mean the organization of Ruby Ridge and Waco fame? Do you really think we should trust them? Same organization where no one involved in the Steele Dossier went to prison for interference in an election? That three letter organization. I think the only thing we can trust them on is the kiddie port prosecution units. Everything else? Disband.
Still doesn’t answer my question. Who is going to get improperly retained classified information?

If he made it unclassified, i.e. without any additional caveats, that's literally what it means.
Something can be unclassified, but still FOUO.

It’s a designation, not a classification.

And it’s dissemination is for only the conduct of official business. If you believe it is an unlawful seizure, you can argue it’s not for official business.

Did you trust them when they re-opened the investigation into Clinton’s emails a week before an election?

I bet there were no calls to disband them after that.

Back