Re-class question

Kaiba

Unverified
I got a call from my recruiter today saying there was an 11x option 40 available so I reserved it. The ship date is Jan 25th. I did some quick research for few hours, I have class to go to. Considering my time frame to make a decision and to not take someone else's dream from them, my question is, if I take 11x option 40 can I re-class to 68W and stay in the regimen? Would that be a smart move at this point in time? This would occur most likely IF I make it to regimen I believe. Or just wait for 68W option 40? Anyone know somebody who has done this?

What I have found out is; that it is possible to re-class to 11B relatively easier compared to a few other MOS's. Obviously the needs of the Regiment weigh above everything else in this situation so that may already be the answer. I mainly found a few guys re-enlisting and then re-classing to 68W that way, but not in my case. If this has been answered, I apologize. Ill take the flame deserved in that case.

I think you mean Regiment, as in the 75th Ranger Regiment, right?

If you want 68W and a shot at RASP, wait for it. If you just want to get to the 75th, take the 11x opt. 40 you've been offered. There is NO guarantee you will be able to reclass to 68W at a later date.

That was correct x SF med in terms of Regiment. That answers my question. Thank you of the quick response.

Back