Report: DoD Investigating Whether Navy SEALs Strangled Green Beret To Death In Mali

A few different stories and a ton of speculation/allegation here. Story certianly looks much different than first reported, so who knows; clearly a lot of fuckery.

It'd be interesting to know the reputations of the various dudes involved, including Melgar and his team leader, prior to this incident.

What in the everloving fuck? One of the Raiders said in a stipulation of facts statement they planned to have a LN sexually assault Melgar after they tied him up and choked him out. From the Washington Post:

Four elite U.S. Special Operations troops charged in the death of a Green Beret soldier in Mali plotted to record him being sexually assaulted as part of a plan to embarrass him through hazing, according to one of the accused service members.

Marine Staff Sgt. Kevin Maxwell said in a written stipulation of facts submitted for the case that the plan included bursting into Army Staff Sgt. Logan Melgar’s bedroom in the capital city of Bamako with a sledgehammer, choking him until he fell unconscious, tying him up and recording the sexual assault on video. The service members involved had just returned from a night of drinking, he said.

Those statements roughly match the testimony of Chief Special Warfare Operator Adam C. Matthews, a former member of the Navy’s SEAL Team 6, who pleaded guilty in the case last month.

But Maxwell, a Marine Raider who was in Bamako to assist the SEALs, also told authorities about the sexual assault plan, according to the stipulation. A copy of it was obtained by The Washington Post and verified with two sources who are familiar with the investigation. They did so on the condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the matter.

The four service members charged in the case were joined in the room by a Malian security guard and a British man who had befriended the Americans, Maxwell told authorities. The security guard was to carry out the sexual assault, while the British national planned to record it on a cellphone, Maxwell wrote. Those accusations have not previously been disclosed.

I don't think words can accurately capture what these guys deserve if they truly planned to do this to one of there own.

What in the everloving fuck? One of the Raiders said in a stipulation of facts statement they planned to have a LN sexually assault Melgar after they tied him up and choked him out. From the Washington Post:

I don't think words can accurately capture what these guys deserve if they truly planned to do this to one of there own.
let's do something so fucking stupid they make it an episode of NCIS.

Those dudes should face a fucking firing squad...

hazing

its just an innocent hazing gone wrong
you know, sort of like getting blood wings after airborne school - and the pin hole gets infected
and then the pin hole becomes septic
and then the patient becomes infectious
and then others start getting sick
and then it becomes an epidemic
next thing you know, bubonic plaque isn't so scary any more

hazing

whoever it was in the DoD chain of command that ever allowed such bullshit use of the English language to occur that allowed so much as one single participant to get off under the guise of "hazing"
....wait - whayt I meant was, whoever it was in the DoD that even entertained idea of accepting "hazing" to even enter into the conversation, has the honor of a loose stool left uncovered in the center of a patrol base.
I would like to formally invite that turd to go and eat a bag of dicks

Hazing -

For those that think I have over used the word "hazing" - imagine one of your loved ones being subjected to this line of horseshit and then being forced to accept the UCMJ to float the narrative that is was just a hazing incident gone bad.
...because the tip of our nations spear selects such sharply honed experts that they thought this was "hazing"
This is nothing short of institutional cowardice serving as a demonstration of why we are repeatedly subjected to shit like the Army Values Card, or countless days of mandatory training where we are taught that sex trafficking is bad - or congressional mandated ethics training - or getting upset when even the most far left congresspeople refer to SOF as midnight death squads.

Hazing

This whole fiasco is disgusting and disturbing. They killed a good honest soldier with intent to humiliate him, just because they didn't like him. And they are getting off light...

Firing squad is almost too good, they should honestly be hung as criminals, but wasting my time, they will all walk in short order and time, probably get a fucking pardon in ten or fifteen years and everything will be as it is.

SSG Logan Melgar was too good for them, so they fucking killed him.

This whole fiasco is disgusting and disturbing. They killed a good honest soldier with intent to humiliate him, just because they didn't like him. And they are getting off light...

Firing squad is almost too good, they should honestly be hung as criminals, but wasting my time, they will all walk in short order and time, probably get a fucking pardon in ten or fifteen years and everything will be as it is.

SSG Logan Melgar was too good for them, so they fucking killed him.

If he was that good of a soldier, why would his team leader approve their course of action?

You believe that?

Hey, we are going to have a local ass-rape your guy; you cool with that.

Sure, go for it.

You believe that conversation happened?

I don't know that I believe it, but it's being reported.

Raiders, SEALs planned sexual assault in Green Beret hazing that led to homicide, Marine says

"The foursome, according to Matthews, then got duct tape and a sledgehammer, awakened Melgar’s team leader, a Special Forces sergeant first class who lived with Melgar and the SEALs in shared housing to ask permission. The team leader granted permission but declined to participate and went back to sleep."

Vis-à-vis the Gallagher case, right now there seems to be a heavy delivery of he-said/he-said in the media, and we know what is reported ain't necessarily "the truth."

If he was that good of a soldier, why would his team leader approve their course of action?

That's assuming his team leader was told what they exactly what they wanted to do.

If you were to wake me up early as shit and say "Hey cookie, SSG x ditched us at a party, so we're gonna go fuck with him" I'd probably have said go for it prior to this case. I'd be thinking it'd be some juvenile stuff like ducttaping him to his bed, not attempting to have an LN rape him.

I agree. It's likely the team leader was tired, it's possible he had been drinking, and I doubt the perpetrators laid out exactly what they planned to do to his guy. It also seems likely that the perpetrators simply interpreted the team leaders's response--whatever it was--as permission, even if it was something as simple as, "you guys do what you're going to do" or whatever.

I'd REALLY like to hear the team leader's version of events.

1) No TL would have approved such an event. "Yeah you other fuck ups, go fuck my guy up", I cannot begin to explain how stupid a theory that is.

2) If the TL did approve it, his ass should be charged as well and his Tab stripped.

3) That's a dicked up question dude. By all accounts Melgar, was staying out of trouble and out of these guys bullshit. Reported they stole op funds, he wouldn't go get fucked up with them and party, etc. So they broke into his room and killed him with the intent to have him raped by a local...

Back