Report: DoD Investigating Whether Navy SEALs Strangled Green Beret To Death In Mali

Maxwell and Mathews have both copped pleas for this "juvenile hazing attempt gone wrong." :rolleyes: :mad: Maxwell (the Raider) will likely get three years; Mathews (the SEAL) will probably get off with a year. Apparently they're going to testify against DeDolph (the SEAL) and Madera-Rodriguez (the Raider).

These guys have invented so much false narrative in the course of this investigation, "Team Leader approved" is just part of it. @Cookie_ probably has the scenario about right. "Hey, we're gonna go give Melgar a tickle attack,* okay?"

(*Not to be confused with differential cryptanalysis. ;-))

Maxwell got 4 years, reduction to PVT, and bad conduct discharge.

U.S. Marine gets 4 years in hazing case that left Green Beret dead

Also from this link, an example of the "pranks" these guys were playing

In one, a Marine was taped in a sleeping bag that was then taped to the grille of a Humvee and driven on a security patrol, the Marine, whose name was sealed, said. He also said he was aware of incidents in which Marines were taped between mattresses and thrown from a second floor balcony.

From this point onward, they need to be referred to as "murderers" since that is what they are by virtue of their actions.

Liars lie and murderers murder. The worst part of this sentencing is the fact that they are too light and aren't severe enough. They will never pay enough for what they did.

That’s a good point. The best leaders frequently encourage their subordinates to best and rape their under-performers. It’s an incredible professional development tool.

A tool for every toolbox.

Dude, what the fuck? That has to be the dumbest thing I've read from a regular poster on the site..

Again, that's what was reported about a month ago. There is probably more to the story than him leaving the guys behind at a movie.

Does that warrant hazing someone to death? Absolutely not, but given the more recent reports about Marines being total jack asses with regards to other incidents, I doubt this was a segregated incident.

Again, that's what was reported about a month ago. There is probably more to the story than him leaving the guys behind at a movie.

Does that warrant hazing someone to death? Absolutely not, but given the more recent reports about Marines being total jack asses with regards to other incidents, I doubt this was a segregated incident.
Man, I get it, but honestly I am no one to eat any bullshit. Two dudes fucked off and ratted out the truth for fuck off sentences. That question was fucked...

I really can't engage you other than, wrong is wrong and right is right.

I'd never choke you out and have some LN rape you...

It’s a very tone deaf and frankly ignorant comment. The Navy times reported that information based on the testimony of...SSgt Melgar’s murderers. I saw nothing anywhere that credibly indicated that the victim of this heinous crime was a poor performer. Even if he was, they should corrected his behavior with counseling and not rape/murder.

The TL may also have agreed to the hazing because he was complicit in whatever illegal activity the SEALs were participating in. Whatever his reason, I bet he regrets it now.

It all went to hell when the principal players realized the party/pussy potential of Bamako and the availability of unregulated cash.

And maybe TL was partying, too. I suspect Melgar quite possibly was the lone beacon of self-restraint and maturity amid a bunch of frat boys.

Last edited:
That’s a good point. The best leaders frequently encourage their subordinates to beat and rape their under-performers. It’s an incredible professional development tool.

images

Let's say you discount half of @DeadZeppelin's post, this story has become such a monumental shit show...

How many SF soldiers are going downrange in small, joint teams like these and are NOT looking over their shoulders? Sure, every unit has it's "10%", but what are the odds that NSW's/ Team 6's and MARSOC's 10%'ers came together for this one deployment? How do you not sympathize with SF distrusting the other organizations? How do they (SF) not distrust the other units? You're a SEAL or Raider meeting your SF counterparts for the deployment...how does this not stick in the back of your mind as you shake the man's hand?

The second and third order effects from this case are staggering.

Back