Report: DoD Investigating Whether Navy SEALs Strangled Green Beret To Death In Mali

@BloodStripe brought this to my attention today. Matthews admits to meeting with Logan's widow at a party at Shot Show under a fake name. The Daily Beast reports having obtained the texts of him asking to come to her room.

SEAL Who Attacked Green Beret Later Hit On His Widow

“I've carried the weight of Staff Sgt. Melgar's death every minute of every day since that night in Mali,” Matthews said at the sentencing"

Such a heavy burden to bear while you're trying to sex up the widow of the man you murdered.

Last edited:
a heavy burden to bear while you're "using a false name and lying about who you are" to try and sex up the widow of the man you murdered

the pinnacle of a life centered on being a self absobed shit stick

1) go to Africa to investigate a major case that may involve SEALs and Marines murdering a Special Forces soldier
2) bang one of the witnesses
3) ...
4) profit make national news about it... and not in a good way

total clown shoes :rolleyes:

link to story

"If you’ll pardon my French for a minute, what in the actual F---? A Green Beret gets strangled, and this guy goes and diddles one of the witnesses in the case he's supposed to be investigating? I’m sure it seemed like a good idea at the time, but anyone with an ounce of professionalism ought to know better than to let the downstairs head do the thinking on a damned murder investigation."

clown shoes.jpg

But really what in the fuck is actually going on with this case. I saw dudes get fried for much-much less stupid shit. These dudes murdered a green beret on a deployment, one of the SEAL-clowns trys to bang the widow, the NCIS dude is fucking a witness 1 year and 4 years for the fuck-wits who turned rat. WTF???

Well at least they got time... the Army supply sergeant who fragged his commander and another officer with a claymore in Iraq back in 2005 offered to plead guilty with parole after 10 years... the convening authority refused, the case went to trial, and --PLOT TWIST-- the dirt bag skated.

He escaped justice but not karma and he's dead now, but these guys had all kinds of things going in their favor and still couldn't land the conviction. So this isn't just a Navy problem.

Deaths of Phillip Esposito and Louis Allen - Wikipedia

From the article:

“It is another failure of leadership,” Retired Brig Gen. Bolduc (former commander of Special Operations Command-Africa) said. “I mean senior leadership. It’s unfortunate. He should have never been promoted. The investigation was started right away. They whisked them out of there as fast as they could.”

When asked if he was surprised by the news, Bolduc said no.

“I’m disappointed,” he said. “But not surprised. It’s utter bullshit.”
——————————-

Nice to see NSW is taking that whole “accountability” thing seriously. 🤔

I'm hoping for the Navy's sake his name was on the promotion list prior to the incident and automatically took effect on 11/15/17.

I'm hoping for the Navy's sake his name was on the promotion list prior to the incident and automatically took effect on 11/15/17.
Even if you're on a promotion list, if you're flagged, you won't be promoted. As an S1 I processed more than a few flags that stopped promotions. This means that their HR Officer either fucked up or this was intentional.

Back