Report: DoD Investigating Whether Navy SEALs Strangled Green Beret To Death In Mali

I think "Big Navy" has wanted to hang someone in the SpecWarCom Community for some time, with a ST-6 member being the ultimate target.
They are going at a snails pace on this to ensure no one can wiggle out.
My take on this is the former MMA SEAL is going down, but I don't know what the deal is with the GySgt. Will have to wait and see how it plays out.

NAVSPECWAR has colored outside the lines for so long they routinely thumb their noses at Big Navy. I am certain Big Navy has a hard-on in this case.

I think "Big Navy" has wanted to hang someone in the SpecWarCom Community for some time, with a ST-6 member being the ultimate target.
They are going at a snails pace on this to ensure no one can wiggle out.
My take on this is the former MMA SEAL is going down, but I don't know what the deal is with the GySgt. Will have to wait and see how it plays out.

NAVSPECWAR has colored outside the lines for so long they routinely thumb their noses at Big Navy. I am certain Big Navy has a hard-on in this case.

Yes, sirs...but in light of the circumstances of this case (and other cases in recent years) isn't it long overdue for Big Navy to stomp some ass in their SPECWAR community?

I'd expect CMC and MajGen Yoo to be taking a pretty hard look at behavior within MARSOC right now.

Yes, sirs...but in light of the circumstances of this case (and other cases in recent years) isn't it long overdue for Big Navy to stomp some ass in their SPECWAR community?

I'd expect CMC and MajGen Yoo to be taking a pretty hard look at behavior within MARSOC right now.

Especially in light of this case, absolutely. They don't want to get anything wrong that can be overturned or appealed.

Between this and that Gallagher fuckery, I don't see how big Navy can avoid doing some major changes in SPECWAR. I mean, some heads need to roll, some commanders need to be relieved and made the example. Either they change their culture or they will eventually go away. I mean, how can you trust them when you got guys killing dudes from other branches. Or dudes ratting on dudes within their own community, war crimes, while team daddy is threatening his own people's lives, dudes being busted with dope, etc, etc, etc.

Who wants to work around that shit...

Whatever...it's like some fucking juvenile delinquent Saturday night trailer trash meth-fueled circle jerk. Can't believe these motherfuckers were SOF.
SFGate Article said:
http://va.newsrepublic.net/s/NhFQdN
In the weeks leading up to assault, Melgar brought foreigners to the residence, the other soldier said. He added that Melgar had engaged in "frat-like" behavior and had acted in ways that got them both "uninvited" from events at the U.S. Embassy. At the request of military officials due to security concerns, The Washington Post is not identifying several other Americans who have not been charged with a crime...

"Logan, Tony, everyone had a turn at it," the other soldier said of excessive drinking, acknowledging that he also consumed alcohol on occasion.

...The men sought to cover their tracks in other ways. The other soldier deployed with Melgar told NCIS agents that he directed one of the Marines to throw away the alcohol in the house because any service member subject to General Order No. 1 - which restricts alcohol consumption while deployed - would "get smoked" by authorities, according to an NCIS report in court filings.
Sounds like a shit show all the way around (the general culture in Mali).

Sounds like a shit show all the way around (the general culture in Mali).

Well....yeah. You can have a great fucking time in Bamako. Lots of nightlife. And it sounds like these hardened warriors were hardened partiers. The clubs get going around midnight and you can fucking burn the napalm til 0600. Lots of Street Treats.

th-1.jpeg

There was probably a lot of quality cooter at that embassy party. But the Green Beret lost the SEALs and Raiders. Maybe he knew what kind of people they were. Maybe he was going to represent his branch of service in an honorable way. Whatever the case, he got killed for it.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Navy SEAL charged with murder of Green Beret reaches plea agreement with prosecutors

Looks like one of the accused is coming forward formally. He's apologizing, apparently, for what they, apparently, always said was hazing.

Tragic situation, with a tragic end. Hopefully it brings closure to family and friends alike.

Either way, still an awful set of events.

No, he’s saying his ass. A 3rd Grouper was senselessly murdered and the Chief had an obligation to stop it. How in hell is this justice?

Chief Special Warfare Officer Adam Matthews has reached a pretrial agreement under which he will be referred to a special court-martial rather than a general one, said his attorney Grover Baxley. The maximum penalty that a special court-martial can impose is one year in prison, reduction in rank to E-1, forfeiture of two-thirds pay for one year, and a bad conduct discharge.

Maybe I'm the only one here who's been busted down...

Not to say that this plea is "justice", but (assuming the max penalty spelled out above) reduction to PVT (from E7!) plus 2/3 pay forfeiture for a year plus a year in prison plus a BCD is hardly a slap on the wrist. Chief's career and professional life is done. And anyone he's supporting financially (family?) is now proper fucked.

Again, not saying this somehow balances the scales for his involvement in the murder/manslaughter of a Green Beret, just pointing out that this is no slap on the wrist.

Not to say that this plea is "justice", but (assuming the max penalty spelled out above) reduction to PVT (from E7!) plus 2/3 pay forfeiture for a year plus a year in prison plus a BCD is hardly a slap on the wrist. Chief's career and professional life is done. And anyone he's supporting financially (family?) is now proper fucked.

Again, not saying this somehow balances the scales for his involvement in the murder/manslaughter of a Green Beret, just pointing out that this is no slap on the wrist.

Just for giggles, what's your idea of getting off easy after committing murder/manslaughter?

I am more sympathetic towards Melgar’s wife and son with regard to financial support.

Yeah, but we're talking about a murder here.
Just for giggles, what's your idea of getting off easy after committing murder/manslaughter?

Again, as I lead that comment with, I'm not saying it was the due justice - just that his punishment is far from the slap on the wrist that folks are calling it.

Back