Retention and Recruitment Crisis

Had the Department of Defense started hiring people from "The Onion" and "The Babylon Bee" to help develop recruiting and retention efforts?

I feel like the Department of Defense has started hiring people from "The Onion" and "The Babylon Bee" to help improve recruiting and retention efforts.

The Department of Defense has definitely started hiring people from "The Onion" and "The Babylon Bee" to help improve recruiting and retention efforts; it is the only thing that explains the absolute shit show that we are watching.

The next step is to have the Marvel Cinematic Universe releasing comic book shorts produced in China to help improve recruiting and retention efforts.

Either that or the CCP has has the Air Force Personnel Centers website and started publishing disinformation articles about ridiculous efforts being used to help improve recruiting and retention efforts.

I like turtles.

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH.

It’s the definition of an abusive relationship.

“Hey, whole cohort of people that recently left (some we shamed and kicked out due to their unwillingness to take a non-approved medical procedure, others we just told were the biggest threat to national security and demoralized them to the point that they left) wanna come back in to deal with more DEI, feckless leadership, and pay that isn’t anywhere close to keeping up with cost of living nationwide?

As a bonus we will throw in a VA system that can’t buy pens while we send $60B to Ukraine every quarter.”

Uh, no, bestie. That does not slay.

Had the chance to go back on Active Duty almost the day after I ETSd. Thanks Obama, Thanks Trump. But running through 87 days of leave had me thinking I liked Freedom. Part of me regrets that, but at the same time I transitioned and wasn't lost as a guy who got out as a Major like I'm seeing a bunch of dudes do now, lost as hell.

There are a lot of calls I get every month or so about brand immaterial automatic promotions. Wild stuff, but I'm not serving in this version of the Army. Hard pass.

Plagiarized from a dystopian fairy tale...

For example, the US Military recruiting forecast had estimated the enlistment and retention quotas for the year at 145,000 new troops. The actual number was only 100,000. The government, however, in rewriting the forecast, claimed that the the original estimate was only 75,000, so as to allow for the usual claim that the quota had been over fulfilled.

In any case, 75,000 new recruits was no nearer the truth than the 100,000 much less the original number of 145,000. Very likely the number was barely half of what was actually reported. Likelier still, nobody knew how many had actually enlisted, much less even cared.

All anyone could know for sure was that recruiting goals would always be met on paper, while 10's of thousands of positions throughout the military went unfilled.

And so it was with every class of recorded fact, great or small. Everything faded away into a shadow world - and if you ever challenged it, you would simply be labeled as a conspiracy nut and an extremist bent on spread misinformation...
...if you continued to challenge it, you would just be taken to court on fabricated charges and pressed until you were financially ruined.

Recruiting numbers are just fine.
Go back to work.

I'm not surprised at the numbers, I think 20+ years of war has left our servicemembers feeling... burned out.

csi-miami-caruso.jpg

I'm not surprised at the numbers, I think 20+ years of war has left our service members feeling... burned out.
Piling on to the 20 years of war is the constant chipping away of benefits, the increases in pay and compensation that routinely fail to keep up with their civilian counterparts, the drip drip drip of harmful social engineering efforts, the never ending thump of accusations that service members are inherently racist, implicitly extremist, explicitly misogynist, and if recent events are any indication - a bunch of them are science deniers that refused to get vaccinated.

It is no wonder that folks don't want to play this game.

All the while, the virtue signaling is at a fever pitch to pay a drive through fast food window clerk 15 bucks an hour to tell me the fucking milkshake machine is still broken while they fuck up the simplest of orders off of a 50 year old menu.

Can't provide timely treatment to disabled veterans because the VA is in a shambles - but they can provide all sorts of tax payer funded giveaways to illegal aliens.

All is well.
Remain Calm.

Biden/Harris in 2024 - 2028 - 2032
Lets finish the job.

Piling on to the 20 years of war is the constant chipping away of benefits, the increases in pay and compensation that routinely fail to keep up with their civilian counterparts, the drip drip drip of harmful social engineering efforts, the never ending thump of accusations that service members are inherently racist, implicitly extremist, explicitly misogynist, and if recent events are any indication - a bunch of them are science deniers that refused to get vaccinated.

It is no wonder that folks don't want to play this game.

All the while, the virtue signaling is at a fever pitch to pay a drive through fast food window clerk 15 bucks an hour to tell me the fucking milkshake machine is still broken while they fuck up the simplest of orders off of a 50 year old menu.

Can't provide timely treatment to disabled veterans because the VA is in a shambles - but they can provide all sorts of tax payer funded giveaways to illegal aliens.

All is well.
Remain Calm.

Biden/Harris in 2024 - 2028 - 2032
Lets finish the job.
Let's redo the retirement structure so that guys who get out 5, 10, or 15 years have something...oh but let's make it so if you opt in you actually get less when you still retire at 20 years...in fact, let's make it so if you hit mandatory retirement you barely get what you were supposed to get at 20 years...

Instead of just adding a social safety net for those that complete initial terms of their commissions and enlistments...Hopefully you broke their body enough they get 20% from the VA.

ETA:

Also, making big changes to Force Structure to meet recruiting challenges.

https://api.army.mil/e2/c/downloads...paper-army-force-structure-transformation.pdf

Last edited:
Even at the height of the war, in the worst of the fighting, we had recruiting and retention issues but nothing like this. Fighting the wars wasn't the issue. After two decades straight with an all-volunteer force, people new what they were getting into so it's not like people don't want to fight. We've had good and bad economies over the last 23 years, so economics isn't it.

So what changed?

Democrat policies. That's what.

Everything that is wrong with the military right now, from the way Afghanistan ended to the manning crisis, can be laid squarely at the feet of the current administration.

Even at the height of the war, in the worst of the fighting, we had recruiting and retention issues but nothing like this. Fighting the wars wasn't the issue. After two decades straight with an all-volunteer force, people new what they were getting into so it's not like people don't want to fight. We've had good and bad economies over the last 23 years, so economics isn't it.

So what changed?

Democrat policies. That's what.

Everything that is wrong with the military right now, from the way Afghanistan ended to the manning crisis, can be laid squarely at the feet of the current administration.
Military families are telling their kids to find another line of work.
We will see another TF Smith, hopefully at the beginning and not as a final battle.
Democrats, like most Communists, see the military as an internal agency. Losing to China doesn't enter their thought process.
Losing big will have a profound effect.

Military families are telling their kids to find another line of work.
We will see another TF Smith, hopefully at the beginning and not as a final battle.
Democrats, like most Communists, see the military as an internal agency. Losing to China doesn't enter their thought process.
Losing big will have a profound effect.

I did (tell my son to find other work). He was very interested in joining, but he's since cooled on the idea. He's not stupid, he knows what's going on.

I did (tell my son to find other work). He was very interested in joining, but he's since cooled on the idea. He's not stupid, he knows what's going on.
My boy will be a 2LT in a few months. I worry relentlessly, and I tell him that I do. But I couldn't stop him from going to West Point and in the Army. He told me when he was in 8th grade "dad, I'm going to West Point."

My boy will be a 2LT in a few months. I worry relentlessly, and I tell him that I do. But I couldn't stop him from going to West Point and in the Army. He told me when he was in 8th grade "dad, I'm going to West Point."
Post night tonight!!! Best wishes for your son to get what he wants for his first assignment.

Thanks Sir. Just spoke with him. We are excited and I told him it's his choice but I won't visit FT. Hood so....

Lol.
I'll look for him tonight! But...

1) I'm going to be in the intel room, and
2) I only met him once, and I'm old, and face blindness is a thing, so he's probably going to have to recognize me instead of the other way around ;-)

Back