Retention and Recruitment Crisis

So much for worrying about retaining and recruiting. "Just add more tech!" :(

Fewer special ops, more tech: Formal force structure cements a trimmer Army - Breaking Defense
That means the Army is cutting some 32,000 positions, but are adding approximately 7,500 others back in what the white paper called “high priority formations.” The paper made it clear that the cuts are to planned spaces, and the service is not “asking current soldiers to leave.”

To get to the 470,000 number, service leaders opted to cut a number of unfilled jobs like media outreach and psychological operations, as well as leveling a 3,000-position hit to special operations posts.

I've heard "the next war isn't going to be won with M4s and Glocks" more timer than I can count.

I've also heard quite a few senior leaders make routine comments that would suggest we need to look more at the basement dwelling incel tech genius type and a little less at the barrel chested knuckle dragger...

I've heard "the next war isn't going to be won with M4s and Glocks" more timer than I can count.

I've also heard quite a few senior leaders make routine comments that would suggest we need to look more at the basement dwelling incel tech genius type and a little less at the barrel chested knuckle dragger...
I think the shitheads in DC want more drone tech. Drones are cheaper, disposable, and are easier to control. People, especially trigger pullers, tend to not be the amoral monsters that the media make us out to be. Which makes having live patriotic people a problem for the eggheads in charge.

He branched armor and posted NTC and the 11th ACR, both are exactly what he wanted to do. My first duty station was also NTC and we have a lot of family in Southern California, so that's what he wanted.

Well, for an Army that won't be fighting anytime soon, being in a unit that trains a lot is certainly going to set him up for company command.

He branched armor and posted NTC and the 11th ACR, both are exactly what he wanted to do. My first duty station was also NTC and we have a lot of family in Southern California, so that's what he wanted.
What a great opportunity for a young combat officer. NTC and JRTC assignments can be gems.

I think Cyber and SOF will win the war before serious shooting starts, especially in Korea.

Well, for an Army that won't be fighting anytime soon, being in a unit that trains a lot is certainly going to set him up for company command.

What a great opportunity for a young combat officer.

Appreciate it. For me being part of the OPFOR was a front row seat in a tactical lab, learning from blueforce mistakes. Leaving NTC as a jr NCO I was confident I knew some shit. I'd think it's even better experience for company level officers.

Even at the height of the war, in the worst of the fighting, we had recruiting and retention issues but nothing like this. Fighting the wars wasn't the issue. After two decades straight with an all-volunteer force, people new what they were getting into so it's not like people don't want to fight. We've had good and bad economies over the last 23 years, so economics isn't it.

So what changed?

Democrat policies. That's what.

Everything that is wrong with the military right now, from the way Afghanistan ended to the manning crisis, can be laid squarely at the feet of the current administration.
Not sure what you mean...
Screenshot_20240229_234336_X.jpg

Dont forget that little SNAFU when some cadets where forced to go on a march while wearing high heels....

Capture.JPG

...didn't somebody on here say something about us not being serious about being American ??

How can we REALLY be serious when this is the shit coming from the machine - garbage in = garbage out.

^^^^^It’s a fucking circus freak show every day in this country.

Awesome, Top. If he gets in an old Abrams and finds a box of half-eaten Crayolas, let us know.

Dont forget that little SNAFU when some cadets where forced to go on a march while wearing high heels....

View attachment 44175

...didn't somebody on here say something about us not being serious about being American ??

How can we REALLY be serious when this is the shit coming from the machine - garbage in = garbage out.
I remember that. In fact, "someone with a writing style similar to mine" wrote an article about it a few years back.

Not sure if this didn't happen, but still can't believe this weak chinned turd nugget is a former green beret and retains his SF qualification.

Whether it happened or not, I've had multiple opportunities to encourage people to join and I go...there is a reason the recruiting numbers are shit. The martial class has stopped joining.

Back