Retention and Recruitment Crisis

I'm not sure how many not living in VA are paying attention to our senate race, but if we get more guys like this into office...I think those recruiting numbers will spike.

CPT Cao took over command of TF Troy a couple of months before my company rotated back home in 2009. From everyone I spoke to about him, he was a good leader and a solid tech. I’d vote for him in a heartbeat.

I love that he’s wearing his crab on his lapel.

Last edited:
Beat me to it!

The current SMA is on a fast track to take the record for worst from Chandler. Dude had the fucking gall to say soldiers are "happy" with changes to the chow hall. Dudes on Carson are constantly not being fed because the DFAC kiosks run out of food.

He's focused on rolling out a new Blue Book for "training standards" but those who've seen it have said nothings changed.

He actively avoids engaging with soldiers outside of sanctioned visits. Say what you will about the last guy and his social media usage, but the troops knew problems and toxic units were being addressed by the SMA. Weimer is somehow a SOF guy who brought none of that to the role, instead he's become the perfect out of touch senior NCO.

Kiosks are new to me. Are DFACs still open during set hours, or 24 hrs? How do the Kiosks work? Why do the DFACs run out of food?
It's a "grab and go" operation out of a DFAC which offers gas station food and frozen meals.

This Reddit post is an example of how they run out of most cooked food by noon.
https://www.reddit.com/r/army/s/SVdYcKYG0H

Kiosks are a good idea, but they aren't manned properly. Soldiers should have actual food options out of them, not just Steamer bowls and packaged tuna.

He's focused on rolling out a new Blue Book for "training standards" but those who've seen it have said nothings changed.

The new Blue Book has been revealed! It's only 26 pages, and just has basic AR 670-1 uniform regs and "Army history" blurbs.

In other news, SMA announces "Master Badges" for those who have EIB/CIB CMB/EMB ESB/CAB.

He also announced that the Mountain Badge will be authorized for wear, but:

“Who remembers the goat head for the mountain? Yeah. that’s not going to be the badge. Just so you know, for the record. They’re in the process of redesigning the badge that will come up for approval. But I didn’t want the process to slow down the righteous reason the badge was requested.”

What the fuck is this dude's problem?

We're getting redesigned Badges and fucking PT uniforms, but soldiers are being run ragged and suicides are shooting up.

The new Blue Book has been revealed! It's only 26 pages, and just has basic AR 670-1 uniform regs and "Army history" blurbs.

In other news, SMA announces "Master Badges" for those who have EIB/CIB CMB/EMB ESB/CAB.

He also announced that the Mountain Badge will be authorized for wear, but:

What the fuck is this dude's problem?

We're getting redesigned Badges and fucking PT uniforms, but soldiers are being run ragged and suicides are shooting up.
When things suck.
Give everyone a new badge or ribbon.
Look at the late 70's Military and AF.

Beat me to it!

The current SMA is on a fast track to take the record for worst from Chandler. Dude had the fucking gall to say soldiers are "happy" with changes to the chow hall. Dudes on Carson are constantly not being fed because the DFAC kiosks run out of food.

He actively avoids engaging with soldiers outside of sanctioned visits. Say what you will about the last guy and his social media usage, but the troops knew problems and toxic units were being addressed by the SMA. Weimer is somehow a SOF guy who brought none of that to the role, instead he's become the perfect out of touch senior NCO.

At his level, there is also nothing "SOF" about a CSM. It's not like they're pulling a company CSM straight to being SMA. I guess like what is being a "SOF" guy and why should that be encouraged? I've seen a bunch of SOF guys lead line formations that couldn't tie their damn shoes but thought it was cool to put the ranger tab on top of the division badge. (and sell green note book covers)

Most SMAs tend to suck. We just wasted 100s of thousands of dollars on a new blue book. lol why?

Back