Returning to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_KJ_

Unverified
I have already posted one of these but as I have been away for some time I had to reregister.

My homeregiment is AMFBAT2 at KA1/KAB2 while that existed.
Today that would be Amfibiekåren at Berga NAB (SWE).

RENO

Order of Silver Rose
Unverified

Welcome back

BTW where do you buy those little circiles (å) like the one you put on top of one of your
letter "a" ( å ) typed text that's in you post ?:doh:

Neat trick . .:cool:

_KJ_

Unverified
Reno MACV I know, coppers tells me they look like donuts.
I use it so I don´t have to translate it to the amphibiouscorps.
I hate the fact that the politicians took my old Jägar batt and hooked some sort of Marine stamp to it.
Sort of like the Rangers and their black felthat I suppose.

Thank you all for letting me back into the warmth.

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
Welcome! Am I the only one here who doesn't know what a AMFBAT2 at KA1/KAB2 is?

_KJ_

Unverified
Thank you Boon, and thank you for the original invite to come to your house a few years ago.

As for what AMFBAT is.
It WAS I guess one could say small unit oriented light infantry with a few support weapon Teams.
I have posted a blog entry that sort of describes one of the typical missiontemplates, although you should remember if you decide to read it it wasn´t written with that primary purpose in mind.

KJ sends..

Teufel

Force Recon
Verified SOF
Thank you Boon, and thank you for the original invite to come to your house a few years ago.

As for what AMFBAT is.
It WAS I guess one could say small unit oriented light infantry with a few support weapon Teams.
I have posted a blog entry that sort of describes one of the typical missiontemplates, although you should remember if you decide to read it it wasn´t written with that primary purpose in mind.

KJ sends..

What does it stand for? I am guessing amphibious battalion?

_KJ_

Unverified
What does it stand for? I am guessing amphibious battalion?

Correct Teufel.
Once upon a time we had six AMFBAT,s spread out over the coastline since Sweden= small country, long coastline.
In one AMFBAT there were 2 KJ (Kustjägare) company,s 1 Amphib company (mine platoon) (RBS17 (rebuilt hellfire system for AS purposes) platoon) and (support platoon) 1 Staff company with an attachment of attackdivers 1 boats company and 1 Supply company.
The unit mainly moves around in Strb 90,s (combatcraft 90) and/or hovercrafts.

Today these units have turned to shit with cutbacks.
But they still train KJ,s for our SOF.

The unit were foremost used in the archipelago and/or coastlines but the latest real world deployment of parts of the unit were to the desserts of Chad go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.