School/Mass shootings are now part of our culture.

Those semi-pubescent ne'er-do-wells had no idea what they were doing, no idea the inertia they created, and never understood that what they were doing created consequences they never intended.

Do they note the irony that they're bitching about losing their civil rights after bitching about taking away civil rights?
Doubt Hogg and his posse have even read or understand the Constitution.

Doubt Hogg and his posse have even read or understand the Constitution.
Have you seen his potty mouth rant on youtube? It seems as fast as someone reposts it, youtube takes it down. Sorry(not sorry) but someone is going to wipe that petulant look off of his face one of these days. BAN FISTS!

Right when I left High School, 12 years ago...shit I feel old. They went to a ID card on a lanyard system rather than having it in your wallet. They also installed a perimeter fence. Mr. Hogg apparently doesn't understand that the school he attends is full of hoodlums.

I think they ought limit the capacity of 5-gallon buckets of river rocks to 10 rocks per student.

This is exactly the kind of Larry Lightbulb idea that led to the coining of the phrase "hare-brained." And the person who thought it up is...cough...an "educator."

Schools can be made much more secure but it will cost taxpayer money and student inconvenience. Trying to protect students from whackjobs and evil cunts by blaming the NRA or having a protest march or putting buckets of rocks 🤣in the classroom...pointless.

Last edited:
When you volunteer to surrender your liberties in exchange for the illusion of safety and security, you don't get to choose e taken away...
...they should have stuck to eating soap or attempting the cinnamon challenge and left politics to the grown ups

Sorry - but children should be seen and not heard.

Some will disagree, but I agree that children have no say in adult matters. That's a problem today. Sure, they have a right to express their pain after their school gets shot up, but adults have to make adult decisions not based on children's emotions.

Last edited:
School shootings are part of our culture now, they just are.

I would like to discuss what is that we as parents can actually do to try and protect our kids at school.

I think we've gone from discussing ideas and events to discussing people. And young ones, at that.
As with all multi page threads, I go back to the original posts to see if I can come up with something new, like the gun control thread. I always likened children to words in that once you release them into the world they're no longer yours. Maybe the best you can do is give them something to live for.

I think we've gone from discussing ideas and events to discussing people. And young ones, at that.
As with all multi page threads, I go back to the original posts to see if I can come up with something new, like the gun control thread. I always likened children to words in that once you release them into the world they're no longer yours. Maybe the best you can do is give them something to live for.
I agree. But based on @Ooh-Rah original post, society has let the children have a say in what we can do better. I don't agree with that. They are influenced by liberal educators who do not use ration to provide solutions to safer schools.

So, Dr. David Helsel says of his bucket full of rocks idea, "If an armed intruder attempts to gain entrance into any of our classrooms, they will face a classroom full students armed with rocks and they will be stoned,”

I think Helsel is already stoned. I wonder if he has been watching YouTube videos on how to make prison hooch and homemade meth

I just cant help myself. They don't even see the irony...

As an aside, 19 y/o and in HS? O_o I guess my parents started me in kindergarten early. I graduated HS at 17 so this seems strange to me. I was working in my field at 19 and planning my wedding at that age. BTW @Devildoc I too remember student's pick up trucks in the school parking lot with rifles on the gun rack inside. We had a rifle team, even. No one ever got shot or even a threat of such. But then again I went to HS in the dark ages.

Ironybackpack.jpg

Last edited:
19 here, but I was an absolute jackass and pissed away what would have been my last two (or 3?) years of HS.

I agree. But based on @Ooh-Rah original post, society has let the children have a say in what we can do better. I don't agree with that. They are influenced by liberal educators who do not use ration to provide solutions to safer schools.

So when is the cut off for when people no longer have the emotional and mental depth of a puddle? For when they can join in for political discourse and offer "rational and logical solutions"? Is it 18? 21? 26? Or is it when they stand for the same ideas as us on this site?

I may not agree with them or their viewpoints but just like you and me they have a right to say them. Regardless of whatever influence they may have. That's what makes America great, the fact that we have the right to carry arms and defend ourselves, and the fact that all opinions are welcome and not silenced like many of the "third world shitholes" out there.

19 here, but I was an absolute jackass and pissed away what would have been my last two (or 3?) years of HS.

So when is the cut off for when people no longer have the emotional and mental depth of a puddle? For when they can join in for political discourse and offer "rational and logical solutions"? Is it 18? 21? 26? Or is it when they stand for the same ideas as us on this site?

I may not agree with them or their viewpoints but just like you and me they have a right to say them. Regardless of whatever influence they may have. That's what makes America great, the fact that we have the right to carry arms and defend ourselves, and the fact that all opinions are welcome and not silenced like many of the "third world shitholes" out there.

You would be considered an "adult" but you admitted to wasting away the past few years. If it wasn't the "support", read direction, from the Democrat's with an agenda; all these kids would be back to eating Tide pods. So why should a bunch of privileged 16 year olds have a voice on a subject that requires more political will than most politicians have. Most of the time they can't even agree enough to approve a budget. How do you expect them to reopen the Constitution and rewrite the basic fabric of America?

I may not agree with them or their viewpoints but just like you and me they have a right to say them.
In post #370 I did imply that they have the right to speak, but IMO there are many obvious reasons why they should have no say in the decision making process, such as a combination of the fact that the brain is still developing and that they don't have any life experience. That's enough for me.

Back