School/Mass shootings are now part of our culture.

Whoa. Just ran across this while drinking my coffee. Now my suspicious mind is wondering if the brother is some type of accomplice? I thought he was in some type of mental facility? O_o "Surpassed all locked doors and gates". $25.00 bond. Interesting vs alarming.

Brother Of Confessed School Shooter Arrested For Trespassing At Stoneman Douglas

The brother of confessed school shooter Nikolas Cruz was taken into custody Monday afternoon.
18-year-old Zachary Cruz was arrested at 4:30 p.m. for trespassing at Stoneman Douglas.
The arrest report states that Cruz received “prior warnings by school officials to refrain from entering the school campus.”
Cruz was riding his skateboard around the school campus and “surpassed all locked doors and gates,” per the report.
He indicated he wanted to be on campus to “reflect on the school shooting and soak it in,” per the arrest report.
Cruz’s bond was set at $25.
Broward County Public Schools released a statement following the arrest.
“The district is aware of the incident. We are cooperating with law enforcement. Law enforcement is investigating and will provide an update.”

Jordan Peterson tells a lot of unpopular truths that most people aren't willing to hear.

His book is wonderful; everyone should read it, many people NEED to read it -although the ones who need it most are the ones least likely to do so.

He has several interesting videos on YouTube relating to psychometrics, pertinent to other threads.

You can't make this stuff up. This seems to be the sequel to my post about Cruz's brother being at the school. Unbelievable. :mad:

Deputy suspended accused of sleeping on duty at Stoneman Douglas

PARKLAND, Fla. - A Broward County sheriff's deputy has been suspended after he was caught sleeping in a patrol car outside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, authorities said.
Veda Coleman-Wright, a spokeswoman for the Broward County Sheriff's Office, said Deputy Moises Carotti was suspended with pay, pending an internal affairs investigation.
Coleman-Wright said just after 5 p.m. Monday a student told another deputy on the campus that Carotti was asleep in his marked patrol car near the 1200 building, the site of the mass shooting that left 17 people dead last month.
The deputy woke Carotti and informed his superiors, Coleman-Wright said. Another deputy was sent to replace Carotti, she said.
On Tuesday, Gov. Rick Scott called for Sheriff Scott Israel to post armed law enforcement officers at every entrance to the high school while students are on campus
"Recent events at the school have demonstrated the need for additional security measures to be implemented," Scott said.
Roughly 30 minutes before Moises was found asleep, other deputies arrested Zachary Cruz, the brother of gunman Nikolas Cruz, for trespassing. Although Zachary Cruz had been told several times to avoid the campus, he rode his skateboard onto the grounds to "reflect on the school shooting and soak it in," deputies said.
Carotti's suspension is the latest misstep for the Broward County Sheriff's Office on the Parkland shooting case.
School Resource Officer Scot Peterson resigned after Israel said Peterson failed to engage Cruz during the shooting. Peterson, through his lawyer, said he was unsure where the gunfire was coming from, and that he was "no coward."
Others have questioned whether Broward County Sheriff's deputies could have entered the school sooner. Records released by the sheriff's office said law enforcement officers entered the school 11 minutes after the shooting began.

I agree. Minimize entrances and exits and put metal detectors and armed vets in place. All other doors should be badged in. Arm the willing and trained teachers.

In our "modern" society, when someone DOES get burned, it is always someone else's fault. Oh, you burned your hand?
...blame the Russians
or the Chinese
or married women
or men
or James Comey
or the patriarchy
or misogyny
or race
or Facebook

Regardless of the cause of the burn, as a society, we no longer want to be held accountable for our choices.

So the news is that David Hogg is not wild about what the government has planned for him and his classmates after spring break.
Clear backpacks only as well as mandatory student ID tags. This is not the "government oversight" he was looking for I suppose.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas students to get 'clear backpacks' as safety measure

Students who survived the Valentine's Day shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, will have to get used to new security measures when they return from spring break next week — including clear backpacks and ID badges that must be worn at all times.

“I know having clear backpacks will help with security, but now all my privacy will be gone,” Lizzie McNichol wrote on Twitter. “I wish it didn’t come to this.”
Lauren Hogg, a freshman at the high school and sister of high-profile senior David Hogg, said she “appreciate[d] the attempt” but would prefer gun reform “than a clear backpack.”

So the news is that David Hogg is not wild about what the government has planned for him and his classmates after spring break.
Clear backpacks only as well as mandatory student ID tags. This is not the "government oversight" he was looking for I suppose.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas students to get 'clear backpacks' as safety measure

Those semi-pubescent ne'er-do-wells had no idea what they were doing, no idea the inertia they created, and never understood that what they were doing created consequences they never intended.

Do they note the irony that they're bitching about losing their civil rights after bitching about taking away civil rights?

Back