School/Mass shootings are now part of our culture.

This coward failed in his state-mandated duty to act. His sole purpose for being there was to protect all of those children. I am willing to bet that he heard the sounds of gunfire, was close to retirement, and said fuck that shit
So many men and women who would have given almost anything to have been there with a weapon in hand.

This will become a rallying call to the anti-gun folks as to why arming staff at the school cannot work. “If a trained law enforcement officer could not stop this ... blah...blah....blah."

If we did a forum death pool, I would add him today. Don’t be surprised if you read over the next year that he’s committed suicide.

Right or wrong, he’s just made him self a social media and news target to be blamed for some of the deaths.

Last edited:
So many men and women who would have given almost anything to have been there with a weapon in hand.

This will become a rallying call to the anti-gun folks as to why arming staff at the school cannot work. “If a trained law enforcement officer could not stop this ... blah...blah....blah."

If we did a forum death pool, I would add him today. Don’t be surprised if you read over the next year that he’s committed suicide.

Right or wrong, he’s just made him self a social media and news target to be blamed for some of the deaths.

The man is a pariah, untouchable. How he lives with himself I'll never know. Utterly unconscionable.

I agree with your assessment on how the left will use him as an example of not training/arming school staff.

Police officers guard home of deputy assigned to Florida HS who ‘never went in’ during shooting: report Well I don't wish any harm on his family, but I understand peoples frustration with him. I understand being scared shitless, but he didn't saddle up. The rallying cry would fortunately be a weak one, but it does show how even those in authority can be sheep.

As a side note, and any current LE check me on this, but last I had active shooter training (roughly a decade ago unfortunately), protocol dictated that the first responding officer wait for the first four arriving officers whom then formed a fireteam and moved in together to engage the threat. Has that changed in the last 10 years? This was how I was taught and wonder if it is still taught at all or even still here in FL? I also wonder if he will use that has a reason for not going in for 4 minutes? Does that apply to SROs, or are they trained to moved immediately? Never went to the SRO school so I don't know. Broward SO is supposed to be a pretty good agency so I am sure their training plan is current. A former academy mate that retired from Coral Springs PD noted that over 130 officers from nearby CSPD responded to the shooting.

I don't mean for this to sound like bravado by any means, but I want to cry when I think of what he could have done had he even engaged the shooter early on. Even taking fire could have saved just a few lives by being distracted.

That's why he quit under investigation, which will stop you from getting hired anywhere else. I doubt there is any criminal charge that could be levied against him, but he can most certainly be sued civilly.

My questions for the LEO's out there: Was this his best option? Would staying with the department and any Union reps/ lawyers been the better call for him personally? What are this guy's options? I genuinely don't know, I'm not a cop.

I saw this. It's not funny, it doesn't make me mad. But it does make me really sad.

5a90239114465.jpeg

I guess I now know my limit when it comes to fucked up things making me laugh. You learn something new everyday.

POTUS has just proposed arming 20% of school teachers and coaches, which would be a little over 720,000 of them.

The fact that it was done with a serious face was mysterious, as another proposal made this month was to cut $3.6 billion from the DoE's budget.

I will admit its possible that his statement was ultimately fake news.

Like I suggested before. Hire inconspicuous private professionals who can interface at all levels socially but are 100% go when task at hand. Arming teachers that are mil is a secondary action. Eyes out constantly is required. Teachers involved should be a back up but better utilized securing students in classrooms. Not 5.11 wearing contractors but personal protective service types with training,EXPERIENCE and vetting.

Police officers guard home of deputy assigned to Florida HS who ‘never went in’ during shooting: report Well I don't wish any harm on his family, but I understand peoples frustration with him. I understand being scared shitless, but he didn't saddle up. The rallying cry would fortunately be a weak one, but it does show how even those in authority can be sheep.

As a side note, and any current LE check me on this, but last I had active shooter training (roughly a decade ago unfortunately), protocol dictated that the first responding officer wait for the first four arriving officers whom then formed a fireteam and moved in together to engage the threat. Has that changed in the last 10 years? This was how I was taught and wonder if it is still taught at all or even still here in FL? I also wonder if he will use that has a reason for not going in for 4 minutes? Does that apply to SROs, or are they trained to moved immediately? Never went to the SRO school so I don't know. Broward SO is supposed to be a pretty good agency so I am sure their training plan is current. A former academy mate that retired from Coral Springs PD noted that over 130 officers from nearby CSPD responded to the shooting.

I don't mean for this to sound like bravado by any means, but I want to cry when I think of what he could have done had he even engaged the shooter early on. Even taking fire could have saved just a few lives by being distracted.

Typically but not always school resource officers in Ca. anyway are individuals who pass a POST academy but some reason or another are not picked up by a major PD. Sadly complacency is easily attainable for some.

Like I suggested before. Hire inconspicuous private professionals who can interface at all levels socially but are 100% go when task at hand. Arming teachers that are mil is a secondary action. Eyes out constantly is required. Teachers involved should be a back up but better utilized securing students in classrooms. Not 5.11 wearing contractors but personal protective service types with training,EXPERIENCE and vetting.

Cool. And the school districts will pay they or the companies who supply them? State boards or the DoE directly? Pro bono?

On top of buying pistols and training, and continuing training and range time, for the hundreds of thousands of teachers?

Cool. And the school districts will pay they or the companies who supply them? State boards or the DoE directly? Pro bono?

On top of buying pistols and training, and continuing training and range time, for the hundreds of thousands of teachers?

SPLOST, lottery funds, get rid of bull shit school programs. There are many ways to fund security.

Last edited:
Cool. And the school districts will pay they or the companies who supply them? State boards or the DoE directly?

What’s your kids life worth? Regardless of any solution(which you haven’t suggested yet) it’s going to cost money.

POTUS didn’t say are 20% of teachers but arm those with previous firearms experience and vets who are teachers.

What’s your kids life worth? Regardless of any solution(which you haven’t suggested yet) it’s going to cost money.

Suggestions on this from me would hardly add to the discussion here. My only interest is in where the money for proposed new security measures would come from.

I would think it wise to defer solutions on school security to those who are paying the bills to get it, and especially those who have real expertise in the matter.

Surf is crap today...55 out...coldwater

Last edited:
To me it's largely academic. We homeschool. As such, we do have guns in the school, and the teachers are well-trained! ;)

But it's an important argument/discussion to have, because I am sure many of you have kids in school (public and private), so y'all got skin in the game.

In this state and probably many others regardless if you have skin in the game your tax money goes to school bonds. Even if you use the private school avenue. There is funding out there but if your state is democrat majority it goes for other social programs for those who do not contribute. Take back the funding direction (requires governmental overhaul) and there would be plenty of funds for important security issues.

In this state and probably many others regardless if you have skin in the game your tax money goes to school bonds. Even if you use the private school avenue. There is funding out there but if your state is democrat majority it goes for other social programs for those who do not contribute. Take back the funding direction (requires governmental overhaul) and there would be plenty of funds for important security issues.

Re: taxation for public schools, you're right. Getting much deeper into that topic deserves it's own thread.

Back