SF Support

RAGE275

Ranger
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
MOS's. A list of them if anyone can provide it. Fighting off the MED Board docs at this point. Pushing for MMRB if anyones familiar. I have contacts with Re-class branch so getting an MOS SHOULDN'T be an issue. But like anything else with the Army... But I'm just wondering what support roles fill the battalions or whatever. SFAS round 2 here again soon. (Maybe this time I'll actually get down there)

I'm really tired of the Army and all it's medical assholeness.

Try Googling "SF Group MTOE," something might pop up. My info is dated.

There are a whole lot of support MOSs in Group; can you narrow the fields down a bit? Medical? Maintenance? Rigger? Intel? Cook?

Basically, I pick 3 jobs. Then, HRC says "HERE YA GO!" So, we'll see. And Jab, yea it's been a few years. And I've got EFFED knees. Yay jumping 17 knot winds with no cloud cover in the fall...

Well, the SIGDET has most of the Signal MOS' available. Service Det has vehicle mechanic, rigger, supply, cook, and probably one or two changes I dont' know about. MI is MI and I'll leave that ot Marauder and the other MI types. I can help your info search on commo and I do know riggers have MFF slots once they hit E-6 or so.

One factor for example could also be that being Signal in SF is one thing, but Signal in other units isn't on the same planet. I can't speak to other career fields.

I hate to say this, but you've clearly done your time so I don't feel bad about it, but what do you want to do whenever you decide to ETS/ retire?

With your knee problems will you be able to stay on jump status? Practically all SF support MOS's require that.

Past tense "EFFED" knees. Ive been in physically therapy for over a year. I can jump now (I think). My profile is for psych and I've been breaking my ass off in the gym and physical therapy. I may not be 100% yet but I should be by the time I get to an AIT and then finish and PCS. Def 100% before I jump anytime soon. Really though, I'm plan on showing up and getting up to the best shape I can be and dropping my packet. Again. This time though I won't have Docs telling me that my divorce is making me depressed and that I "need a break" and would be better "off in college".

And as far as getting out goes, I have no idea. Exactly why I'm fighting to stay in.

Better yet, can I apply to SFAS RIGHT FROM MY RECLASS? hmm? I mean, I know im an impatient pain in the ass, but I'm tired of getting no-where with these people. Or is there a potential way to backdoor this?

Have you thought of PSYOP (37F MOS)? They have tactical teams that work with conventional combat arms and SOF, it's been the option I have really looked at for staying in.

Well, found out today that I really have no say in the matter. Theyre forcing me out. So, I'll have 5 years to be re assessed fit for duty. If that happens then I'm good to go and can do just about anything I want. For now I guess I can join the guard. So maybe I'll do the 20th group thing for now. College and job hunting I guess. Thanks for the help though.

Well, found out today that I really have no say in the matter. Theyre forcing me out. So, I'll have 5 years to be re assessed fit for duty. If that happens then I'm good to go and can do just about anything I want. For now I guess I can join the guard. So maybe I'll do the 20th group thing for now. College and job hunting I guess. Thanks for the help though.

Are you being put onto the TDRL? If so, you can't go into the Guard either.
Isnt your JAG explaining this shit to you?

Have you talked to them about the continue on active duty (COAD) program? It was my understanding that even if you are P3's on your profile that you can opt to remain on active duty, under your current MOS but with a light duty job (paper pusher type) say like being a recruiter or moving into an ops job. I have been offered 2 jobs under the program (SL at the WTU and a S3 assistant) I was also told that if I could find an Ops job in an Infantry Btn, that they could para/line me into it. Fuck dude there was a SF CPT who lost his eye sight and returned to duty, he is blind in both eyes and working up at SOCOM (if I remember right).

Do not give up. There are a 100 ways around this, you just don't have the answers yet. If I had the web when I was in, I would have not been force out and been retired by now.

JAG hasn't done shit for me. Im going to "purple heart" on Tuesday to see what they say. The big issue is that none of my Docs support it. And as of right now, I don't know if it's going to be TDRL or sep. But PEB called my PEBLO today and said Unfit for duty. And denied my MMRB appeal. I'm going to call Walter Reed on Monday to see if they have anything to offer. Or talk to the Ombudsmen.

Another issue, is that because I'm not deploying, higher chain of command started med chapter paper work on me because were so over strength. JUST in case they found me fit for duty. Anyone broke is getting the boot. So I mean, according to my COC I'm pretty much just done for. I just really hope that at some point I can come back in. For the few of you that remember my fight to get here in the first place, just seems like a really shitty end to the amount of work I've put in. But I'm not giving up. I just might have to seek out other options. Maybe even hunt out a GS job at SOCOM or something. I'll take what I can get, and I WILL not let this stop me.

Back