SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

Made it past sling loads yesterday in Air Assault, so I should be graduating this Friday. All I have now is Rappel Phase and a 12 mile.
Following Graduation this Friday, I start EIB train up the following Monday. 3 weeks of EIB and hopefully I can true blue it.

Also, it has been a year since I failed Ranger School, and I have earned the trust of my command to send me back. I would have gone to the February class, but EIB was important to me. I don't want to go back to school and fail RTT's again. PRP in March, then Ranger School in April. I'm far more mentally prepared this time around, and look forward to another opportunity to establish myself as a leader amongst my peers.

I arrived at Camp Pendelton earlier today. I am in a holding platoon for 2 weeks and then pick up with an ITB class. I will be making the most of my time here by grinding in regards to working out. Hopfully I'll be able to get in the pool during liberty throughout the duration of my time in this holding platoon and the first few weeks of ITB before MART.

Haven’t posted an update since I started the pipeline, but the biggest accomplishment in it thus far happened this Friday when I completed SIT week (I.e. Hell week) for the CCT pipeline. Your body CAN be pushed SOOO much farther than you think it can! Beyond excited to be starting the final steps of now learning how to be a Combat Controller.
Congratulations brother. I’m just starting my process for CCT.

Got out of the Marines last year in October. What was supposed to be a quick enlistment into the Army took 4 months to happen. Patiently waiting paid off as I processed at MEPS yesterday and am a week away from signing an 18X contract. Would’ve signed yesterday but my rank determination expired in October when it was initially sent up for approval. Wherever the ball falls am glad to go into the Army as a Sgt and continue with service.

I went to take the ASVAB last week, received an 85 AFQT percentile, and 121 GT score. I need to wait for clearance to proceed with physical evaluation. Also, congrats @Aspire to be on signing your 18X.
Good on you for meeting the prerequisites, remain patient as they sort out a clearance for you and soon you’ll be on your way to sign your desired contract.

I received a brief about MART and BRPC the other day. I will either be picking up straight with a BRPC class or I'll be in MART for 5 weeks, it is all dependant on when ITB releases the recon contracts to RTC, either a Tuesday or the following Friday. Personally I would like to attend MART for 5 weeks to be more adequately prepared for the challenge that is BRPC but at the end of the day it's not up to me. I'll post another update when the split happens and our combat instructors inform us as to what date we will be leaving.

Little over seven months since my introduction post, I've spent most of that time reading whatever I can get my hands on and hitting the gym hard. Here's some progress I've made since August
  • Pushups: 22 -> 68
  • Situps: 42 -> 75
  • 2 mile run: 18:41 -> 12:39
  • Pullups: 2 -> 11
  • 219 miles of rucking, all with at least 30# dry
    • 12 mile ruck pace now ~13 min/mi
  • 152 pounds -> 173 pounds
I went from never having running more than 3 miles in the summer of 2018 to running a 50k ultra-marathon in January. My studies are holding steady, still planning on graduating in May with my BS and December with my Masters, both in Computer Science. Eating right has been the hardest part, mainly eating enough calories per day. My upper body strength is still lacking but it's certainly improved a lot.

I'm happy with my progress but still have a lot of room to get better. Even if I decide not to enlist or attempt to commission, this has certainly been a change for the better.

Happy to post an update after a couple years of inactivity. Graduated from Marine Corps OCS this past Saturday with OCC 230. Learned a lot, drilled a lot, and ran a lot but had an awesome experience transforming from a civilian to a Marine. To anyone considering OCS, study all the knowledge you can, prepare yourself physically and mentally, and don't be nasty. S/F.

Happy to post an update after a couple years of inactivity. Graduated from Marine Corps OCS this past Saturday with OCC 230. Learned a lot, drilled a lot, and ran a lot but had an awesome experience transforming from a civilian to a Marine. To anyone considering OCS, study all the knowledge you can, prepare yourself physically and mentally, and don't be nasty. S/F.

Congratulations and well done. Though it is the first step (as many will certainly remind you), it's still a big one. And a very miserable one. Going forward to TBS, start to bring some personality back into your leadership style. Turn off the robotics and be honest with yourself. Identify your weaknesses and never be afraid to ask others for help. Good luck and Semper Fi.

This week our team completed the final FTX for Combat Control School and concluded the course with our final 15 mile ruck, while at the finish line our Commander and all the instructors were waiting for us. As we crossed the finish line they handed us a beer, shook our hands and welcomed us to the brother hood. Words cannot describe how I feel right now. This has been almost a two year process for me, not including the challenges it took just to get into the pipeline itself. Next week we’ll be donning our berets.
Any weather guys in your class? or all CCT?

Finally got all my needed documents in to my Recruiter. Waiting to hear from MEPS. Fingers Crossed.

Passed SFRE, headed to SFAS next month. Until then, learning how to say things like “check, Sarnt” and “I’ll die before I quit” (I won’t, for the record. I’d prefer to do neither, as I do not believe those are my only two options here...)

Passed SFRE, headed to SFAS next month. Until then, learning how to say things like “check, Sarnt” and “I’ll die before I quit” (I won’t, for the record. I’d prefer to do neither, as I do not believe those are my only two options here...)
Good luck, have fun.

Back