SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

First of all, cheers to all of you above me in this thread taking your steps. I gather, this is the place to share my progress with those who'll listen/read.

My eye is on ARNG SF, and I've gotten the ball rolling:
I had my initial meeting with my recruiter this past Monday, and took the ASVAB for the first time today. My recruiter said I scored a 93, but she had not yet looked closely at the individual subtest scores, but I'll receive those tomorrow when we meet. I'm hopeful I exceeded my goals. I'm 26, so the math sections required a bit of studying, as it had been a while since I'd done polynomials, equalities, or even basic long division.

There are a LOT of steps ahead of me, but I'm taking it task by task.

Been a while since I've been on this site. Enlisted in the army 11x, graduated OSUT not too long ago. I'm currently at airborne hold (picked up RASP during my cycle) my pt score isn't the best, I've only worked myself up to a 240 from my 124 that I had my first APFT, maxing my run and have an 80 on sit ups, lacking hard on push ups, but PTing every day and getting after it to fix my deficiencies. Those of you just lurking and reading, take the knowledge, and advice the service members on this site give to heart. It's gold.

Meps physical and swear in on Friday. I qualified and got a spot reserved for 18x this morning

Also completed the last two classes for my engineering degree. Just waiting on the diploma in the mail.

Failed hearing in my right ear twice at meps.I go back next week and now i have to get a surgery waiver.

Update - After being notified that a waiver was auto DQ, I called a friend of my Mom who was in the Army for quite a while and he talked to my recruiter. This ended up leading to my recruiter submitting a ETP, and I just received word today that it was approved. Now, it’s just a matter of obtaining the Option 40 in my contract.

Happy to post that this week I swore into the ARNG as a 35P w/ Farsi after about 13 months of trying to get my leg waiver through other branches . I ship out the start of next year and going to keep that PT up and get a head start on my language before I get down to DLI. Best of luck to anyone else going through waiver issues, sometimes it just takes patience, lots of googling and a solid recruiter. Don't give up after the first few DQs.

Just got off the phone with the NG SF recruiter in my state, SFRE dates are set 24-27 October. More details to follow by end of July. Focused on controlling my preparation for the event.

Been a few months since my Intro post. Talked with a recruiter in December and signed an 11x Opt 40 contract in January. Shipped to Fort Benning January 29th, graduated OSUT last friday, and arrived at Pre-RASP this morning. I was in F Co 2-19 the company that rucked with the Rangers on the 12 mile. A few buddy's who didn't come in with Opt 40's and were planning on doing RASP later in their career jumped on the opportunity. We get to take leave Thursday until June 2 (something about us needing a "change of scenery"), its sounding like when we get back we're gonna be in Pre-RASP a while. 5-6 weeks until the next PFT so I'll give an update on PT then.

Exciting stuff, keep after it! But try not to fall asleep ;)

Got my SFAS dates. Very excited to get after it later this year. Kind of pissed Crocs don't count as shower shoes, though.
When are your dates? I just got mine as well. Super excited. Iv been chasing an opportunity like this for about 4 and a half years now.
Suggested tip for people joining the military with a special contract: Don't take a good opportunity for granted. Odds are you'll end up waiting a very long time for another shot.

Hey guys, it’s been a while! I decided to join an Air National Guard unit and enlisted with them in Apr 2018. They sent me to CRO Phase 2 in Oct 2018, where I finished the course but was told I wasn’t selected (1000% my own doing). The unit I’m trying out for graciously gave me the chance to go back in Mar 2019, where I was selected for a chance to continue training. Currently waiting for various packets to go through so I can go to TFOT, then A&S, and hopefully the rest of the Pipeline. Pretty sure I saw someone from this site on the pool deck at my first Phase 2. Thanks for all the info and guidance found on here, I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer our questions and give us insight. I’ll continue to post as things progress, I know I’ve only opened the door so far. Thanks again and take care everyone!

Update from me:

I swore in to the ARNG, with an LOA for an 18 series slot in the SF Group near me, and I am now scheduled to ship to OSUT in December, with RSP in the meantime.

My understanding is that after OSUT and Airborne, I report back to my unit and then they will send me to SOPC and SFAS. So, according to everyone involved in my process, orders for the SF pipeline are cut following OSUT, and the LOA with 18B MOS is essentially my "contract" for having Selection in my future. We'll see.

My immediate focus is now to follow the training and preparation advice I've received from all qualified, and then making it through OSUT.

Thanks, all. Happy to be here.

Thanks to everyone on this forum as well, this is hands down the most informational site in regards to anything SOF related.

Back