SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

I like this concept. I’m in. Joined the NG earlier this year with the plan to go to SFAS with the Guard. Just got selected. I’m waiting to start the Q course. Hopefully I’ll be good to go for the spring 2020 start date.

I decided to put in a package for A&S earlier last year due to timing issues for reenlistment eligibility, and leave in April. I was about 15 lbs heavier this time last year and a hell of a lot slower. Once I get back from some field stuff I'm going to be 10 weeks out and have combined a few programs to be ready for the 1st phase of Selection plus shed some more dead weight. (205 right now, goal is 185 before april)

I really like the much older PT plan they gave prospective candidates back in 2009 that I stumbled upon, maybe being a bigger guy the more constant 6 mile runs and less intervals like on the Train Heroic App just suit me better. I'm aiming for 3 runs a week, 2 rucks, 4 swim days, and 1 fin to maintain what I built up from the Basic Scout Swimmers Course.
My last 1 mile repeat workouts came out to this:
Mile 1: 6:17, 4:00 rest
Mile 2: 6:23, 4:00 rest
Mile 3: 6:32, 4:00 rest

Goal is all sub 6:15, once I can get back into a pool I'll need to see where my 300m is at. My last mock intest had 24 pullups, 21:38 3 mile, and 8:28 swim. Once I'm sub 200 I'm hoping to drop another minute on everything.

Attended TACP Officer A&S this week down at Bullis. Picked up rhabdo and got med dropped. Planning to either reapply for next one or going enlisted AFSPECWAR route. Other than that it was a great time.

Looks like my A&S class has been shifted all the way to August because of this pandemic going on. While I'm in the best shape I have personally ever been in at the moment, I know theres a lot of guys who can still smoke me on a bad day, so I'm taking the next 4 months as positively as I can.

I'm 19 weeks out and I plan on using a few different plans for PT, and I can focus on a few new less important goals at the moment, like doing upper body work before a run, and MCIWS cards specifically, so I'm adding 2 days of freestyle work in a week. Even though everything is closed I'm able to follow the run, PT and rucking from the old A&S prep guide with the "marsoc short card" to a T so I'll only have to redo some pool work once they have opened up again.

Was informed this morning, that I’m a psych drop from Pre RASP. Pretty devastated if I’m being honest, didn’t think this would happen. I’ve never had a criminal offense or a traffic violation in my life.

That happened to a good buddy of mine. Keep your head up. If it helps he went on to be a stellar team leader that any soldier would be happy to have. Reassess goals. Make a plan. Execute.

Sometimes this happens because of the answers you gave on the written psych questionnaire or how you conducted yourself during training. Ask questions as to why and go from there.

Was informed this morning, that I’m a psych drop from Pre RASP. Pretty devastated if I’m being honest, didn’t think this would happen. I’ve never had a criminal offense or a traffic violation in my life.
Full disclosure, you are the first person I know to get dropped for the psych evaluation...

With that said- the kid who killed a hooker and shot up a bridge at 2/75 passed the psych evaluation so maybe we need to look at how effective that thing is...

Stay positive. Go to a regular Infantry unit, crush your early PT tests and immediately volunteer for Ranger school. Go and stay there as long as you need to get your tab, graduate, take the “free” slots for Airborne they offer to each graduating class, then go back to your unit and reassess whether you want to try RASP again or see how the big Army treats you.

Full disclosure, you are the first person I know to get dropped for the psych evaluation...

With that said- the kid who killed a hooker and shot up a bridge at 2/75 passed the psych evaluation so maybe we need to look at how effective that thing is...

Stay positive. Go to a regular Infantry unit, crush your early PT tests and immediately volunteer for Ranger school. Go and stay there as long as you need to get your tab, graduate, take the “free” slots for Airborne they offer to each graduating class, then go back to your unit and reassess whether you want to try RASP again or see how the big Army treats you.
I along with about 12 others were all simultaneously psych dropped, prior to that around 40 were dropped for not hitting Army standards on the class up PT test. So, I can imagine none of us were actually PT drops and just being told we were technically Psych drops. I scored a 260, at least good enough to stay but it is what it is. I’ve talked to staff duty about coming back and the process of doing so, I have orders to 2nd ID. I’m just going to go there and do the best I can, I want to come back as soon as I can to RASP. I was told I can officially return in 6 months but also that it’s not realistic to come back that quick.

I along with about 12 others were all simultaneously psych dropped, prior to that around 40 were dropped for not hitting Army standards on the class up PT test. So, I can imagine none of us were actually PT drops and just being told we were technically Psych drops. I scored a 260, at least good enough to stay but it is what it is. I’ve talked to staff duty about coming back and the process of doing so, I have orders to 2nd ID. I’m just going to go there and do the best I can, I want to come back as soon as I can to RASP. I was told I can officially return in 6 months but also that it’s not realistic to come back that quick.
Honestly it is realistic. Regiments recruiting hard these days- specifically from the big Army, NG and Reserves. Which in days past were low priority. I would say go to Lewis, go to school and by the time you’re back, you can start dropping a RASP packet again.

Honestly it is realistic. Regiments recruiting hard these days- specifically from the big Army, NG and Reserves. Which in days past were low priority. I would say go to Lewis, go to school and by the time you’re back, you can start dropping a RASP packet again.
That’s kind of discouraging if I left my job at 30 to work to become a 75th Ranger, then still didn’t get chosen for whatever reason.

That’s kind of discouraging if I left my job at 30 to work to become a 75th Ranger, then still didn’t get chosen for whatever reason.

You never were entitled to anything in the military. You do your best and make the cut, or you don't. That's why SOF units have selection courses. Not everyone is fit for it.

If you really want it, work for it.

Officially 10 weeks out from A&S. I cobbled together a few programs to train, with the newest goal to get to 185 lbs. I got to about 200-205 and got complacent with the weight loss because my performance was improving. I'm at a point where my running speed is the only thing I'm not super confident in. My current times on everything:

Pullups: 24
3 mile 20:20
300 meter swim 8:00 flat (thanks scout swimmers)
12 mile ruck 2:25:00
5 mile run: 38:30

I'm shooting for a sub 19 minute PFT, MAYBE 30 pullups (stalling hard on these), a sub 35 minute 5 mile, and the 12 mile ruck in 2:15:00. 1 week out I retest and will post the new times here as a way to integrity check myself. I'm hoping with less dead weight everything will start coming together.

Back