SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

IDMT? I've seen it before. What does it stand for, if I may ask?
Independent Duty Medical Technician. Allows an enlisted member to diagnose, prescribe medications, and develop plan of care for Active Duty patients. We also go through training to do Public Health, Bionenviromental and a lot of other smaller duties. The intent is for an IDMT to be the sole medical provider in austere environments that can set up medical assets as needed.

I'll be shipping to Benning in January as an 18X. Long way to go, but it feels good to finally have a start date. Thanks again to everybody who has contributed to this site, and good luck to all on your own paths. Let's go!
My ship date got pushed to January! Perhaps we’ll see each other in OSUT. Look forward to doing so if we are in the same OSUT class.

Hey fellas. I haven’t had an account on this forum for long, but I’ve been lurking and reading threads here for years. I always distinctly enjoyed this thread, and now I have the honor of contributing to it. Last week I began the recruiting process, and in a matter of a couple days was able to reserve an 18x contract, which I quickly made my way to MEPS to sign. I ship in January. Thanks to those who contribute to and maintain this place. You’ve had a significant impact on me.

So TACP brought me here in 2017 yet life took me elsewhere.

I received my Conditional Release late Summer of 2017 to go AF TACP. Early in the process I discovered that I had two complete tears and one partial tear in my ankle (Airborne!). I told the Battlefield Airmen recruiter thank you for his time, and began making plans to get better. My DD 368 expired and I extended with my unit so that I could receive medical care and then get out. Ironically, through the grapevine of my unit, I heard from an old squad leader turned MI guy that an EMIBn was looking for 11B's with the right ST scores to reclass to 35L. I knew nothing about MI but did my usual bit of intensive research and was sold. March of 2018 I had ankle surgery and by mid May I had my first interview with a CI Special Agent. After two more interviews, with two separate Agents, I was accepted to the unit in September 2018 (FAR from the end of the process).

After a second ankle surgery, and an unforgiving reclass process, I graduated CISAC this year and am currently on my first deployment as CI. I am looking forward to the opportunity that I have to complete my probationary time while downrange.

As for the future, I will be looking into joining the MICO with 19th SF whenever I get back to the States.

Good luck to everyone and their efforts to get to where they want to be. Never quit.

ATW,

Crimson

I finished up a 10 week workup I made, it was a combination of the TrainHeroic app A&S candidates receive now plus some of the older PT plans the Marine Corps has put out, notably the 10 week BRC prep guide and a few things I added myself. Im doing a 6 mile run for time Monday, but have smashed some other goals i had in the mean time:

-8 mile ruck before: 45# dry, 8 lb sledgehammer @ 1:55:28
-8 mile ruck after: 50# dry, 12 lb sledgehammer @ 1:44:55

-1000m breast stroke in cammies 29:37
-2k fin in cammies, holding a kickboard to simulate a waterproofed pack: 38:53
-10x 800m interval run, 400m easy between all under 3:18

I need to time my 1500m freestyle slick, 6 mile run, and 12 mile ruck but so far I've hit each and every goal I wanted to, and for the next few weeks stick with 2 runs, 2 rucks, 2 swims, 1 fin, and 3 full-body calisthenics sessions to continue to improve before I check in to A&S a second time.

Hello everyone!

This is my first progress post for Navy EOD. These are my current stats; any constructive criticism is welcome. Usually, I do two runs a week and every day at least one swim with two days reserved for a double swim at the YMCA.

1.5 mile: 10:00

500yrd swim: 11:06

Push-ups: 47

Sit-ups: 60

Pull-ups: 7

Hello everyone!

This is my first progress post for Navy EOD. These are my current stats; any constructive criticism is welcome. Usually, I do two runs a week and every day at least one swim with two days reserved for a double swim at the YMCA.

1.5 mile: 10:00

500yrd swim: 11:06

Push-ups: 47

Sit-ups: 60

Pull-ups: 7

Are you in the pipeline or looking to join?

Off to Benning. The kid shipped out this morning. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out for him trying to grab a RASP slot in infantry OSUT. I know that is his dream. Army has also been offering sniper school slots due to COVID delays, and it has been working out well pulling straight from OSUT.

Got the call last night that OSUT has begun as of this morning for our members who shipped 2 weeks ago. Should be 3 or possibly 4 if they stayed Covid free during reception.

I’m sorry LeadSlinger27 didn’t get his intro done in time. We had 2 family members pass, his prep work, and my Army workload just kept our full attention.

Hey y’all, I just got out of 30th AG two 10 days ago and got picked up by my drill sergeants. A week into red phase most of my company went down with COVID. I am currently quarantined, and because of that I have my phone. 30th AG was hell. It was probably the most unorganized and inefficient places I’ve ever seen. It was way worse than P-days in the Navy. I ran into people who got stuck at 30th for months over something as stupid as a minor paperwork mess up. I don’t ever want to see 30th AG again. The first 72 hours of basic were honestly easy. There really isn’t a shark attack, but it’s a thing called the first 100 yards. If you find that difficult then you probably picked the wrong profession. All I can say is that the concepts between Army basic and Navy boot camp are very similar. I’ll update you guys when I get out of the basic portion and volunteer for RASP.

Hey y’all, I just got out of 30th AG two 10 days ago and got picked up by my drill sergeants. A week into red phase most of my company went down with COVID. I am currently quarantined, and because of that I have my phone. 30th AG was hell. It was probably the most unorganized and inefficient places I’ve ever seen. It was way worse than P-days in the Navy. I ran into people who got stuck at 30th for months over something as stupid as a minor paperwork mess up. I don’t ever want to see 30th AG again. The first 72 hours of basic were honestly easy. There really isn’t a shark attack, but it’s a thing called the first 100 yards. If you find that difficult then you probably picked the wrong profession. All I can say is that the concepts between Army basic and Navy boot camp are very similar. I’ll update you guys when I get out of the basic portion and volunteer for RASP.

Thanks for sharing, especially the similarities between army basic and navy boot (which was really quite easy). Best of luck!

Hey guys/gals, I figured I’d give y’all an update since it’s been awhile. I graduated infantry OSUT, and subsequently went on to graduate RASP. RASP is an ass kicker, but it is so worth it. I would like to thank everyone who helped me along before I shipped. That being said, RASP just gets you the ticket to the dance. Now it’s time for the dance.

Back