SITREP THREAD. Post your Progress Here.

Week 2 of OSUT at Sand Hill, I can say that others and I have been put on a role of trainee and instructor at the same time. Many Privates want out but we assist where we can. Definitely getting the APFT count up.

I was dropped from ITC a while ago, I am currently back to work as a Tank Commander at 2nd Tank Bn.

I do not have a lot to say to anyone other than this, do not join for SOF alone. Join because you want to be here, in the organization. I am disappointed but I am not dissatisfied with my service or life. People rely on me, I have a job I am very good at, and that is more than most people have. I love being a Marine, and no failure could ever take that from me.

I am excited to move forward in my career wherever that takes me, but my intentions of joining SOF are unchanged. It’s not an end, just a new path.

Thank you all for what you do here.

Took a small step yesterday, was able to sign a contract and swear back in for the National Guard. The Guard is accepting my prior service training from the Marine Corps for boot camp and infantry. First drill weekend will be in June, and I look forward to attending the SFRE in October.

Scored Very well at MEPS, had to jump through some loops medically but I finally after a year have signed a contract. Wanted an Option 40 originally, very hard to get this time of year. (secretly eyeing 18x though) Basically after much thought I signed an 18x, i'm terrified and excited all at the same time. Both Rangers and SF have very different missions and function differently but both were very appealing in unique ways. I like the mission of SF a lot, but can't help but look at the mountain facing me. I Figure just one step at a time. I ship out in June. I've gotten a whole mass of info from this website over the last year, and It has helped me reach this point. I know SFAS is no joke, and will be preparing accordingly. Thanks and Good Luck to any fellow hopefuls reading this.

Well, it’s been over a year since I first posted in here talking about my plans as a prior service candidate looking for a TACP contract. That process started in October of 2017. During that time I continued to research the career fields within Air Force SpecWar and eventually decided once I had all the information possible to switch towards the pursuit of a CCT contract.

After 18 months in the reenlistment process and countless PAST tests, I’ve been accepted and approved by the board for CCT. I now am currently waiting for orders to be cut for A&S.

Well, it’s been over a year since I first posted in here talking about my plans as a prior service candidate looking for a TACP contract. That process started in October of 2017. During that time I continued to research the career fields within Air Force SpecWar and eventually decided once I had all the information possible to switch towards the pursuit of a CCT contract.

After 18 months in the reenlistment process and countless PAST tests, I’ve been accepted and approved by the board for CCT. I now am currently waiting for orders to be cut for A&S.
Congrats, step your game up.
As a Prior-Service candidate you will be expected to show leadership in addition to the other skills.
90% mental, they will give you the skills to make it.

Finally talked to the recruiter and got the ball rolling on a TACP contract. I've got a PAST test Tuesday with not much confidence on passing it but it's worth taking it in the off chance I do well and can secure an earlier ship date. I'll update next time once I've secured a contract and ship date.

Been a few months since my Intro post. Talked with a recruiter in December and signed an 11x Opt 40 contract in January. Shipped to Fort Benning January 29th, graduated OSUT last friday, and arrived at Pre-RASP this morning. I was in F Co 2-19 the company that rucked with the Rangers on the 12 mile. A few buddy's who didn't come in with Opt 40's and were planning on doing RASP later in their career jumped on the opportunity. We get to take leave Thursday until June 2 (something about us needing a "change of scenery"), its sounding like when we get back we're gonna be in Pre-RASP a while. 5-6 weeks until the next PFT so I'll give an update on PT then.

Been a few months since my Intro post. Talked with a recruiter in December and signed an 11x Opt 40 contract in January. Shipped to Fort Benning January 29th, graduated OSUT last friday, and arrived at Pre-RASP this morning. I was in F Co 2-19 the company that rucked with the Rangers on the 12 mile. A few buddy's who didn't come in with Opt 40's and were planning on doing RASP later in their career jumped on the opportunity. We get to take leave Thursday until June 2 (something about us needing a "change of scenery"), its sounding like when we get back we're gonna be in Pre-RASP a while. 5-6 weeks until the next PFT so I'll give an update on PT then.

Have fun standing outside on those rocks buddy. :ROFLMAO:

I spoke with a Army Recruiter last month about obtaining a 11X Option 40, only hiccup that could come up would be PRK Eye surgery. I received it August 2018.

Fast forward to last week, all my paperwork is submitted, I go to MEPS and everything goes well except for my vision. So, they schedule me for a eye consult. I attended that yesterday and saw 20/25 Left eye 20/30 right eye. Not exactly sure why but I now require a eye waiver, one of the recruiters explained it due too me not seeing 20/20 after my surgery.

Starting to think I may have to go the 11X route, be squared away, have a good PT score to obtain a Option 40 contract hopefully through OSUT. I’ll keep who ever reads this updated. Thanks

Hello all starting my journey to get back into the NG and get some type of shot at SFRE and then SFAS

I’m prior service got med boarded but have since recovered working out ect. I currently have a 70% VA disability rating for Back, tinnitus and PTSD if I have to I will waive them all pass all the physical and mental evals I need to so that I can follow my dream.

I have heard mixed info on getting in and am reaching out to both 20th and 19th now so we will see what they say. I’ve heard as long as someone is willing to do the leg work and get me my waivers and all that I have a chance if I pass it all and the school says ok. I do have an RE 3 on my DD214 but I know others who got in with the same thing similar injuries (which were the the same basically) so hoping I can find someone to help and I’ll do the leg work passing everything and getting rid of my VA rating if need be. I would waive either pay don’t even care if I get paid at all.

I pray this works out and I can get my shot sorry for the long post this site def has some good info.

Back