Sniper School

Congrats.
Did you have to take a PT test? I spent quite a few years as a snipe and when I went to our Agencie's Sniper School, I was surprised at how many regular cops failed the PT test.

I say buy a small chair and when you're on that roof tope providing SO coverage to your boys, make sure you show them that coke and open it real loud and burp. }:-)

No PT test for this class, but that is probably because it was an Advanced School not a Basic School.

Too many people in my belief, feel that to be a Sniper you don't have to be in shape.

"Ah, you just sit there and shoot people."

On day one of 2nd MARDIV SSS, we had a Marine from my Plt, (A reserve unit) who was Police Sniper from Connecticut fail the PT test. Ive had a lot of LEO's in my Sniper Plt over the years and he was, hands down the best damn shot I had seen. Pistol was exceptional, and rifle was almost as good as me ;). Damn shame that he busted out on such a stupid point. Each day I went running with body armor on, around swamp Jejune to make sure my old ass was in shape for it..... never saw him run once, outside of Plt PT. We had been on AD for about 3 months by the time we got our slots for school.

I agree. Just because you leave the entry team to join the sniper team does not give you the reason to take it easy. I think I actually train just as hard if not harder now that I have become a sniper. An in shape body makes for a sound mind when the time comes to have to take the critical shot.

I agree. Just because you leave the entry team to join the sniper team does not give you the reason to take it easy. I think I actually train just as hard if not harder now that I have become a sniper. An in shape body makes for a sound mind when the time comes to have to take the critical shot.

Well said and I totally agree.

Back