Sniper School

vicat777

Gang Det/SWAT Sniper
Unverified
I just completed the best Police Sniper training class that I think is around. The company is Crosshairs Inc. out of Keene, NH. The instructor is Ed Gross, and he is a wealth of knowledge. The class I attended was an In Service/Advanced Sniper School. The funny thing is, I am brand new on our Sniper team but was sent to this school anyway. With Ed's knowledge, I was able to learn quickly and perform with peers in the class that have been Snipers for years. If you are a Police Sniper, I highly recommend this training.

The91Bravo

BNDN - Been Nowhere Done Nothing
Verified Military
Pictures?? We are simple folk, and therefore require pictures....... :D

Congrats.

Serious question. Were you humbled when you saw the quality of the other shooters? I was when I watched some of the students here on Fort Campbell.. They shot like lasers

gunslinger

Shaddup ya bloody vikings
Verified Military
Were you humbled when you saw the quality of the other shooters? I was when I watched some of the students here on Fort Campbell.. They shot like lasers

Dude, I know exactly what you mean. >:{

gunslinger

Shaddup ya bloody vikings
Verified Military
Here's me:
BEFORE:
"Sure I can shoot pretty good... Hit most of what I am trying to.."

AFTER seeing a 748 yard shot ..hit after only one shot
"I can't shoot worth a shit... I AM A FUCKING LOSER..."
/where can I hide?/ :D

Dude, the rock to the right of the one Im under seems to be unoccupied.;)>:{

Rabid Badger

Special Forces
Verified SOF
800 yds (hold left eye) wasn't hard at all....

3-4 mph crosswind ( 1 1/4 mil left) spotter call.......over and over ....

8'Duece

800 yds (hold left eye) wasn't hard at all....

3-4 mph crosswind ( 1 1/4 mil left) spotter call.......over and over ....

Spokin like a true SOTIC graduate. ;)

I still can't Mil properly at long ranges. If a spotter tells me "2 1/8 Mils left" I'm still trying to figure out what MOA a Mil is ???...................3.438 MOA ? What's the temperature ? barometric pressure ? and what's our altitude above sea level ?

Awwww, fuck it, just pull the trigger. :doh:

vicat777

Gang Det/SWAT Sniper
Unverified
Pictures?? We are simple folk, and therefore require pictures....... :D

Congrats.

Serious question. Were you humbled when you saw the quality of the other shooters? I was when I watched some of the students here on Fort Campbell.. They shot like lasers

I never saw anyone take out a camera until we did the group shot at the end of the week. I will post that one when I get it.

Cabbage Head

SSSO I, II, III, IV & V
Verified SWAT
Nice, I too as a new guy and was sent out to a class. I did my basic with Snipercraft. Derrick Bartlett puts on a great class too. (www.snipercraft.org)

Now I just have to get them to send me out to another one. Always better when the PD pays the bills!:)

18C4V

Special Forces
Verified SOF
I just completed the best Police Sniper training class that I think is around. The company is Crosshairs Inc. out of Keene, NH. The instructor is Ed Gross, and he is a wealth of knowledge. The class I attended was an In Service/Advanced Sniper School. The funny thing is, I am brand new on our Sniper team but was sent to this school anyway. With Ed's knowledge, I was able to learn quickly and perform with peers in the class that have been Snipers for years. If you are a Police Sniper, I highly recommend this training.

Congrats.
Did you have to take a PT test? I spent quite a few years as a snipe and when I went to our Agencie's Sniper School, I was surprised at how many regular cops failed the PT test.

I say buy a small chair and when you're on that roof tope providing SO coverage to your boys, make sure you show them that coke and open it real loud and burp. }:-)