Sniper School

vicat777

Gang Det/SWAT Sniper
Unverified
I just completed the best Police Sniper training class that I think is around. The company is Crosshairs Inc. out of Keene, NH. The instructor is Ed Gross, and he is a wealth of knowledge. The class I attended was an In Service/Advanced Sniper School. The funny thing is, I am brand new on our Sniper team but was sent to this school anyway. With Ed's knowledge, I was able to learn quickly and perform with peers in the class that have been Snipers for years. If you are a Police Sniper, I highly recommend this training.

Pictures?? We are simple folk, and therefore require pictures....... :D

Congrats.

Serious question. Were you humbled when you saw the quality of the other shooters? I was when I watched some of the students here on Fort Campbell.. They shot like lasers

Were you humbled when you saw the quality of the other shooters? I was when I watched some of the students here on Fort Campbell.. They shot like lasers

Dude, I know exactly what you mean. >:{

Here's me:
BEFORE:
"Sure I can shoot pretty good... Hit most of what I am trying to.."

AFTER seeing a 748 yard shot ..hit after only one shot
"I can't shoot worth a shit... I AM A FUCKING LOSER..."
/where can I hide?/ :D

Dude, the rock to the right of the one Im under seems to be unoccupied.;)>:{

800 yds (hold left eye) wasn't hard at all....

3-4 mph crosswind ( 1 1/4 mil left) spotter call.......over and over ....

800 yds (hold left eye) wasn't hard at all....

3-4 mph crosswind ( 1 1/4 mil left) spotter call.......over and over ....

Spokin like a true SOTIC graduate. ;)

I still can't Mil properly at long ranges. If a spotter tells me "2 1/8 Mils left" I'm still trying to figure out what MOA a Mil is ???...................3.438 MOA ? What's the temperature ? barometric pressure ? and what's our altitude above sea level ?

Awwww, fuck it, just pull the trigger. :doh:

Pictures?? We are simple folk, and therefore require pictures....... :D

Congrats.

Serious question. Were you humbled when you saw the quality of the other shooters? I was when I watched some of the students here on Fort Campbell.. They shot like lasers

I never saw anyone take out a camera until we did the group shot at the end of the week. I will post that one when I get it.

Nice, I too as a new guy and was sent out to a class. I did my basic with Snipercraft. Derrick Bartlett puts on a great class too. (www.snipercraft.org)

Now I just have to get them to send me out to another one. Always better when the PD pays the bills!:)

I just completed the best Police Sniper training class that I think is around. The company is Crosshairs Inc. out of Keene, NH. The instructor is Ed Gross, and he is a wealth of knowledge. The class I attended was an In Service/Advanced Sniper School. The funny thing is, I am brand new on our Sniper team but was sent to this school anyway. With Ed's knowledge, I was able to learn quickly and perform with peers in the class that have been Snipers for years. If you are a Police Sniper, I highly recommend this training.

Congrats.
Did you have to take a PT test? I spent quite a few years as a snipe and when I went to our Agencie's Sniper School, I was surprised at how many regular cops failed the PT test.

I say buy a small chair and when you're on that roof tope providing SO coverage to your boys, make sure you show them that coke and open it real loud and burp. }:-)

Back