So..... I sold nearly all my guns......

Serious question. Is that a pedal to use for acceleration, or do you still use a throttle?

Very much like the trolling motor set up, but have you ever used a drift sock? We use them for Walleye here in Minnesota and when the wind is blowing find them invaluable.

Nice bass boat. It'll fly with that 150 Merc. Are the chairs on the casting deck add-ons?

Last edited:
I've had boats. The last was a 21' Striper with a walkaround Cuddy Cabin. It had a 5.0 Fuel Injected ,Marine Ford engine with a Volvo stern drive. It had a galley, sink, stove, and slept four, and up to six if you had a couple of kids. I uesd it to fish on Chesapeak Bay, and sometimes offshore to the edge of the Gulf Stream.

When I got the boat, my buddies all said that the two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.

Never, never,never loan the boat to somene else to use, even for a day. I did the loan thing for a week, one of the biggest mistakes I ever made.

Enjoy, amigo. Never loan it out!

Serious question. Is that a pedal to use for acceleration, or do you still use a throttle?

Very much like the trolling motor set up, but have you ever used a drift sock? We use them for Walleye here in Minnesota and when the wind is blowing find them invaluable.
It had a pedal in it but I had it removed. It scared me. I have never used a drift sock but I am going to look it up right now.

hot-foot-thm.jpg

Last edited:
I've had boats. The last was a 21' Striper with a walkaround Cuddy Cabin. It had a 5.0 Fuel Injected ,Marine Ford engine with a Volvo stern drive. It had a galley, sink, stove, and slept four, and up to six if you had a couple of kids. I uesd it to fish on Chesapeak Bay, and sometimes offshore to the edge of the Gulf Stream.

When I got the boat, my buddies all said that the two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.

Never, never,never loan the boat to somene else to use, even for a day. I did the loan thing for a week, one of the biggest mistakes I ever made.

Enjoy, amigo. Never loan it out!
Roger that brother. I won't even let anyone else drive it or use the trolling motor even. There are transducers on the trolling motor that can get broken and logs floating in the lake I fish {which I have hit in other boats before}. I had rather be upset with myself than mad at a friend or family for making that mistake. I probably wouldn't get mad I would just be sick and disappointed.

Back