SOG Knives

Are they considered a decent knife?

Specifically the SEAL Pup.

Not sure of SEAL pup but I have a SOG Trident, Flash and something else, forget the name. It's sharp, OK for a mass made product. I am told they are U.S. made but forget. Not a Harsey or Medford but for mass product, IMHO, not bad.

M.

I have a Flash, used it throughout Afghanistan, and it is my "garage knife". Not a bad knife but I prefer Gerbers. Nothing against high end companies at all, but I'm more comfortable with a $40 Gerber because they are easier (to me) to maintain and if I lose it I'm not out a car payment.

I have a Flash, used it throughout Afghanistan, and it is my "garage knife". Not a bad knife but I prefer Gerbers. Nothing against high end companies at all, but I'm more comfortable with a $40 Gerber because they are easier (to me) to maintain and if I lose it I'm not out a car payment.

Yep I'm the same way with Kershaw folders. Cheap, sharp, and who cares when it breaks or is lost. Only issue I have with them is that they are made in China now.:mad: But the $30 Kershaw folder I bought last year, is still razer sharp and gets used a lot. :thumbsup:

Had an SOG during my SWA deployment. Loved it, kept its edge despite its being abused, very well made...sadly I lost it on another deployment. Here it is on my hip, barely visible but it's the only pic I have of it.

1004182327.jpg

Not sure of SEAL pup but I have a SOG Trident, Flash and something else, forget the name. It's sharp, OK for a mass made product. I am told they are U.S. made but forget. Not a Harsey or Medford but for mass product, IMHO, not bad.

M.
I also have the Trident. It's been a good daily use knife. Haven't checked recently but if you have access to Promotive, actually I think it's now ExpertVoice or something, pricing is pretty competitive/good value.

Back