Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

That appears to be a reoccurring theme with his movies.

I never understood the hype around Get Out, it was much less of a horror movie and more of his personal commentary on veiled racism.

Peele is a big fan of Romero, Carpenter, and the Twilight Zone style of horror, which were always "horror as allegory" type of directors/shows.

He's stated before he doesn't want to do a horror movie just to be scary.

Saw Jordan Peeles new movie “Nope” last night. I enjoyed it, but be warned, it’s much less of a horror movie than it is a commentary on the movie industry in my opinion. If you’re just looking for a nonsense summer movie, I’d give it a pass.
I was curious if anyone here would see it and what they'd have to say. It doesn't interest me at all but I'm also not a Jordan Peele fan. I think I'm on the same page as @Ooh-Rah; to me his movies seem to be the same tired shtick - he's very overrated.

Last edited:
Too lazy to scroll, to narcissistic to care...

The Gray Man was the awesome, completely throw-away action movie worth your time. Stylized, fun, ridiculous.

AND it's got Chris Evans and Ryan Gosling in a "which guy turns me" slugfest over the course of 120 minutes!!!

It's stupid, it's campy, it is 2 hours of glorious eye candy. Worth every bit of time I spent watching it.

Chris Evans was every bit of comedic relief in his role, it was awesome.

Too lazy to scroll, to narcissistic to care...

The Gray Man was the awesome, completely throw-away action movie worth your time. Stylized, fun, ridiculous.

AND it's got Chris Evans and Ryan Gosling in a "which guy turns me" slugfest over the course of 120 minutes!!!

It was the first movie in a while to keep my attention, through it all. Thoroughly entertaining.

Just saw the trailer for Breaking, which is a drama based on a bank robbery conducted by a Marine vet named Brian Easley. He was a disable veteran with undiagnosed mental illness who was sent away from the VA when he tried to get help.

Gotta say, I was interested in the project when I first heard about it, but a lot of things in the trailer turn me off because they look like they're trying to action up the story.

TL;DR for anyone who doesn't want to read the full article.

Easley tells the bank employees he has a backpack full of C4 and is robbing the bank. He lets all but two employees (manager and teller) go.

According to the hostages, he was extremely apologetic and never raised his voice or spoke harshly to them.

His reason for robbing the bank was that his $892.00 disability check from the VA was late, they weren't helping him, and he was about to become homeless.

Robbing the bank got him in touch with the news, who talked to him about the VA and broadcasted his story.

Hostage negotiations were going fine (he was going to release the teller for a pack of newports) when a SWAT sniper shot him in the head without authorization. AFIAK, there still has not been an actual reason other than he "felt it was right".

Easley had no C4 and no fake deadman switch.

Just saw the trailer for Breaking, which is a drama based on a bank robbery conducted by a Marine vet named Brian Easley. He was a disable veteran with undiagnosed mental illness who was sent away from the VA when he tried to get help.

Gotta say, I was interested in the project when I first heard about it, but a lot of things in the trailer turn me off because they look like they're trying to action up the story.

TL;DR for anyone who doesn't want to read the full article.

Easley tells the bank employees he has a backpack full of C4 and is robbing the bank. He lets all but two employees (manager and teller) go.

According to the hostages, he was extremely apologetic and never raised his voice or spoke harshly to them.

His reason for robbing the bank was that his $892.00 disability check from the VA was late, they weren't helping him, and he was about to become homeless.

Robbing the bank got him in touch with the news, who talked to him about the VA and broadcasted his story.

Hostage negotiations were going fine (he was going to release the teller for a pack of newports) when a SWAT sniper shot him in the head without authorization. AFIAK, there still has not been an actual reason other than he "felt it was right".

Easley had no C4 and no fake deadman switch.

I am not sure I can watch it. Just can't. Similar to the movie Article 99, which I think was based on a book and not a true story, but very well could have been a true story.

Looks like @AWP doesn't like Katey anymore. Pitty.....
:DO_o 8-) :ninja:

You shut your fat whore mouth!!!! I said no such thing, only that her silverware could (allegedly) use an upgrade. Kate B. of the 3 Kates is glorious. I would watch any of them pick nose hair.
She's wearing too many clothes.

Someone gets it.

Back