Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

I'm sorry that I didn't answer your question. I know next to nothing about the original characters so can't say how accurately they were portrayed. But I thought both actors did a good job in the context of the movie.

Personaly I prefer the more morally confused/ambiguous characters in dark humor settings. Bloodsport seems less insane/chaotic and more of a classic good guy.. But would be nice if he made an appreance in Peacemaker.

Yes I have. I enjoy shows like that.

Btw forget to mention The Boys. Absolutely love it and if you like that and can get past the fact something is animated, I would also recommend Invincible. Prob shouldn't watch it with your kids though.
Oh invincible and the boys are some of my favorite shows

About 20 minutes from finishing Ron Howard's 13 Lives, about the Thai cave rescue. A good movie, but definitely biased from only one or two perspectives of the entire event. If we're to believe the movie it was only the Thai and British cave drivers who had anything to do with the rescue.

Finished it. As a movie and only a movie, it is entertaining. But very far from being realistic per the wiki site:

Tham Luang cave rescue - Wikipedia

The US Air Force/PJs had a very significant part in the rescue which was never mentioned, and multiple divers for multiple countries or also involved, which was also not mentioned.

Finished it. As a movie and only a movie, it is entertaining. But very far from being realistic per the wiki site:

Tham Luang cave rescue - Wikipedia

The US Air Force/PJs had a very significant part in the rescue which was never mentioned, and multiple divers for multiple countries or also involved, which was also not mentioned.
Interesting. For whatever reason this movie just hasn't grabbed my interest. It's probably because I watched "The Rescue" - hard to beat - and, like many here (we had a thread on this somewhere), followed details of the rest of the event so closely while it occurred. Sounds like I'm not missing anything.

Interesting. For whatever reason this movie just hasn't grabbed my interest. It's probably because I watched "The Rescue" - hard to beat - and, like many here (we had a thread on this somewhere), followed details of the rest of the event so closely while it occurred. Sounds like I'm not missing anything.

As a movie it is compelling. The cinematography, the story, it's a classic Ron Howard film.

As far as the veracity, it's not untrue, it's just a very small sliver of the truth.

@amlove21 had an interview on a OR podcast with one of the PJs on the mission, and given what else came out in the media, and the wiki page, we know it was much more involved.

I've not seen The Rescue, sounds like I should. But I certainly would not reprioritize your movie watching to put this at the top.

I'm sorry that I didn't answer your question. I know next to nothing about the original characters so can't say how accurately they were portrayed. But I thought both actors did a good job in the context of the movie.

Personaly I prefer the more morally confused/ambiguous characters in dark humor settings. Bloodsport seems less insane/chaotic and more of a classic good guy.. But would be nice if he made an appreance in Peacemaker.

Yes I have. I enjoy shows like that.

Btw forget to mention The Boys. Absolutely love it and if you like that and can get past the fact something is animated, I would also recommend Invincible. Prob shouldn't watch it with your kids though.
Your opinion is answer enough, all I was wanting.
I am a solid Idris Elba fan. I like what he brings to every character he plays. Wish the producers. Would have thought to create. A mini-series of the entire Dark Tower series of 7 books. I am probably going to get smashed for this.
However, in my opinion I believe the Dark Tower. Would probably sideline Game Of Thrones. Just don't let my chick find out I said that. She is a GOT fanatic. Lol
But this is a topic for another time.

As a movie it is compelling. The cinematography, the story, it's a classic Ron Howard film.

As far as the veracity, it's not untrue, it's just a very small sliver of the truth.

@amlove21 had an interview on a OR podcast with one of the PJs on the mission, and given what else came out in the media, and the wiki page, we know it was much more involved.

I've not seen The Rescue, sounds like I should. But I certainly would not reprioritize your movie watching to put this at the top.
👍

FWIW... in thread 'Ones Ready'

I watched "Prey" a couple of nights ago. I thought the basis for the story was good, and the cinematography excellent. However the "all white men are evil" trope was in full effect, and some of the plot didn't make sense to me, especially in the early parts of the movie.

Saw "Prey"

The Predator franchise really has an easy formula. To me, it would be completely enough to just copy the premise of the original and play it out in different time periods and places. The previous one made me laugh a lot. But prob not for the right reasons. :ROFLMAO:

I thoght Prey got it right this time. Loved the visuals and cinematography. This one was probably the most gorgeous installment in the whole series. If I had to rank, I'd say it's the 2nd best Predator movie, or maybe shares the 2nd place with "Predators". Nothing beats the OG so far imo.

I saw “Fall” after an early release today. Pleasantly surprised. One twist you see coming a mile away, another that’s a decent but cliche surprise. CGI Is a little wonky. I hate heights so this movie is scarier than any of the “Conjuring” films could be.

Also the two leads will make you want to pull a Pee Wee Herman in the theater.

And yeah that was a Pee Wee Herman jerk off joke that hasn’t been relevant in 30 years. Blow me. They can’t all be winners.

I saw “Fall” after an early release today. Pleasantly surprised. One twist you see coming a mile away, another that’s a decent but cliche surprise. CGI Is a little wonky. I hate heights so this movie is scarier than any of the “Conjuring” films could be.

Also the two leads will make you want to pull a Pee Wee Herman in the theater.

And yeah that was a Pee Wee Herman jerk off joke that hasn’t been relevant in 30 years. Blow me. They can’t all be winners.
I just watched the trailer. That looks TERRIFYING.

The bolded comment reminded me of how stunning Anna de Armas was in the last Bond movie.

1660343377480.png

Back