Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

My wife just doesn’t appreciate fine art.

My wife calls John Wick trash and refuses to watch other amazing films like Heat or Tombstone. She will however watch a -2 star horror movie and not understand why I'd rather organize the garage than deal with that shit. Those movies are just jump scare and gore compilations with some trace of a story holding the scenes together. Speaking of, the plot and screenplays are apparently written by a 15 YO who just spent a week in a sensory deprivation tank and then dropped acid. "BLOOD AND TITTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'd rather use a spoon to clean dogshit out of my backyard at 2PM in July than watch a horror movie.

Saw Candyman yesterday with my teenagers. Slept through most of it. Read the premises online while watching. Did not captivate. It wasn't bad though.

Also saw Orphan: First Kill. Same as above, not by choice, did not captivate, slept through it, but the real story of Orphan First Kill turned out to be interesting.

In Norway, this foster kid "Adam" disappeared from a Foster Home, turns out to be a 33 y.o. female Czech woman named Barbora Skrlová who has a hormone disorder. At her last home she manipulated the adults into severely abusing the minors in the house, and it was caught on video. The background kept me slightly interested in Orphan First Kill, a bit longer than without it, but not by much.

Back