Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

Sorry if there was another post to quote in ref to The Lost City, but I couldn't find if there was. I finally watched it and enjoyed it. To me it was like a prequel or sequel to Bullet Train. The humor was right down my lane and had the same actors/actresses. Also I am known for having very bad luck.....

:ROFLMAO::thumbsup:

The Munsters on Netflix, Rob Zombie's PG take on the iconic TV show.

Don't. Just don't. Waterboard yourself to avoid this movie. We made it about 15-20 minutes in before bailing. Not funny, not entertaining, with writing so horrible House of the Dragon thinks those guys are scrubs. Flatter than bathroom tile. Horribly boring.

Last edited:
The Munsters on Netflix, Rob Zombie's PG take on the iconic TV show.

Don't. Just don't. Waterboard yourself to avoid this movie. We made it about 15-20 minutes in before bailing. Not funny, not entertaining, with writing so horrible House of the Dragon thinks those guys are scrubs. Flatter that bathroom tile. Horribly boring.
So, it's not too good?

Last edited:
I'm sad to say...it was horrible. It had a lot of potential, but flopped. Great show for kids to go see, no real substance. Seems to be the road DC is going down lately.
Has anyone seen a large-scale production good movie lately? I haven't seen anything I have liked since Maverick, and for a while before then. I am sure my internal bias is showing, but that's still a true statement for me.

Has anyone seen a large-scale production good movie lately? I haven't seen anything I have liked since Maverick, and for a while before then. I am sure my internal bias is showing, but that's still a true statement for me.
I'm wondering if the only two "actors" left in Hollywood are the Rock and Marky Mark because they seem to be shoving those two into every crappy Peez dispenser movie they pop out these days. I'm sure both are decent guys but I can't watch either of them on screen -- it's painful.

I've seen 2 that come even remotely close to what I consider good, in the past year. But they aren't worth paying money for.
Jurassic World Dominion, mostly for nostalgia reasons.
The Adam Project, it was a refreshing to see a new Sci-fi story, that wasn't an obvious rip off, prequel, sequel or reboot.

The only big theater movie I've liked since Top Gun was Bullet Train, and Day Shift on Netflix was a fun time.

I can't really think of any big budget movie other than the new Black Panther I want to see this year, and even that is kind of "meh" after Thor being boring.

COVID just hastened theater's downfall. Streaming would eventually kill theaters. Even as streaming companies charge more for their services, you'll still see people staying home to watch a movie.

The only big theater movie I've liked since Top Gun was Bullet Train, and Day Shift on Netflix was a fun time.

I can't really think of any big budget movie other than the new Black Panther I want to see this year, and even that is kind of "meh" after Thor being boring.
Devotion will be in theaters for Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to that; it looks promising and worthy of the big screen.

COVID just hastened theater's downfall. Streaming would eventually kill theaters. Even as streaming companies charge more for their services, you'll still see people staying home to watch a movie.
Agree. We do have a decent little AMC here that charges 4.99 for 1st run matinee and 5.99 Primetime. It stays busy! Down the road, they charge like 18.00 per. I personally will not pay 18.00 for a ticket and 10.00 for some stale jujubees to go to see shitty, woke movies.

I don't know if it's a covid hangover, or streaming services are soaking up the talent, or what, but cinema must be in the biggest slump ever.

I've seen extremely little on streaming that would indicate a sudden influx of talent. If anything, the quality has been steadily dropping (just not as fast quickly).

Back