Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

Okay now,
Suicide Squad, your choice as to the best of these two. "Peace Maker"- John Cena. Or "Deadshot"- Idris Elba.
Compare and contrast the stated character traits. In terms of character depth and portrayal. As well as your perceived reasoning. For the antagonistic character sub-plot.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Which one in just your own personal opinions. Is the baddest Muphucka of the two🤔

Edit for correction:
"Bloodsport"- Idris Elba

Last edited:
Netflix, The Bombardment. True Story of the 1945 RAF accidental air strike on a catholic school meant for gestapo HQ in Copenhagen.

An RAF plane crashes into a catholic school, kills kids and nuns, additional RAF strikes think this was the target, bombs school. Not a bad movie. Just watched it.

Cena’s Chinese apologizing ass can eat a donkey dick.
I have always liked the characters that Idris Elba has chosen.
Was hoping they would have made a multi-part, at least a 7 part two hour each mini-series. Just to bring to life. The greatest Steven King story written. The Dark Tower.

And yes... fuck cena, he is a piece of shit as a person. I remember when his punk ass started. Out in californiastan as a wrestler. He was not shit then. I hang no credit for shit on his shoulders.

Okay now,
Suicide Squad, your choice as to the best of these two. "Peace Maker"- John Cena. Or "Deadshot"- Idris Elba.
Compare and contrast the stated character traits. In terms of character depth and portrayal. As well as your perceived reasoning. For the antagonistic character sub-plot.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Which one in just your own personal opinions. Is the baddest Muphucka of the two🤔

Edit for correction:
"Bloodsport"- Idris Elba

Peace Maker entertained me more than the vast majority of TV shows based on comic book characters. Though my top favs remain Daredevil and Punisher.

I absolutley hate how Warner Bros are "no-brains-just-milk-it" defiling and murdering my favourite childhood comic book characters just to somehow catch up with 15 years of thoroughly planned and executed vision and copy Disneys well earned success with the MCU.

But there are some bright spots inbetween and to me personaly, Peace Maker is one of them. I just wished the rest of it wasn't so dissapointingly bland.

Hate the silly apology video tho.

I understand this is a true story. I know a lot of it is CGI but it still looks cool as hell and I will see it.
From what I read, they were able to get several Cosairs and filmed actual aerial footage using the same/similar chase jet that was used for Top Gun. So, while CGI unfortunately seems inevitable these days, hopefully, they were able to keep it to a minimum. 🤞

From what I read, they were able to get several Cosairs and filmed actual aerial footage using the same/similar chase jet that was used for Top Gun. So, while CGI unfortunately seems inevitable these days, hopefully, they were able to keep it to a minimum. 🤞

Real Corsairs would be awesome. There are still a bunch flying, having them on screen would be amazing.

Peace Maker entertained me more than the vast majority of TV shows based on comic book characters. Though my top favs remain Daredevil and Punisher.

I absolutley hate how Warner Bros are "no-brains-just-milk-it" defiling and murdering my favourite childhood comic book characters just to somehow catch up with 15 years of thoroughly planned and executed vision and copy Disneys well earned success with the MCU.

But there are some bright spots inbetween and to me personaly, Peace Maker is one of them. I just wished the rest of it wasn't so dissapointingly bland.

Have you seen Doom Patrol?

Thanks for your input👍

Thanks for your input👍

I'm sorry that I didn't answer your question. I know next to nothing about the original characters so can't say how accurately they were portrayed. But I thought both actors did a good job in the context of the movie.

Personaly I prefer the more morally confused/ambiguous characters in dark humor settings. Bloodsport seems less insane/chaotic and more of a classic good guy.. But would be nice if he made an appreance in Peacemaker.

Have you seen Doom Patrol?

Yes I have. I enjoy shows like that.

Btw forget to mention The Boys. Absolutely love it and if you like that and can get past the fact something is animated, I would also recommend Invincible. Prob shouldn't watch it with your kids though.

Back