Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

Why are we supposed to hate Jake Gyllenhaal?
Probably for the same reason we're all supposed to hate Nickleback:

Sing U Mad Bro GIF by Travis

Sometimes, as I sit quietly watching the world burn, I like to pretend that ‘that‘ is still the CIA of today…sadly, I am doubtful. If it were though, it would be the greatest example of subterfuge ever played.

I don't advertise it because it brings up questions, my first job out of college was with an intelligence agency*. I have zero doubt that the people on the ground actually during the work are still very much like the old school predecessors then we would be led to believe.

*I don't say anything about it because I was not there for very long, at all, because my mother had ongoing health issues and I had to move back to North Carolina to help take care of her.

I don't advertise it because it brings up questions, my first job out of college was with an intelligence agency*. I have zero doubt that the people on the ground actually during the work are still very much like the old school predecessors then we would be led to believe.

*I don't say anything about it because I was not there for very long, at all, because my mother had ongoing health issues and I had to move back to North Carolina to help take care of her.
Isn't always glamorous or super exciting Brother.

They are always needing SME's though.

Saw Creed III tonight. Overall, I give it a solid 7. Had it’s moments- wasn’t great.

Michael B Jordan directed it, so it was a little different- main gripe is that the way they shot the final fight I didn’t like. I immediately ‘got it’, I understood what they were doing and it had a place in the canon- I just didn’t like it.

Saw Creed III tonight. Overall, I give it a solid 7. Had it’s moments- wasn’t great.

Michael B Jordan directed it, so it was a little different- main gripe is that the way they shot the final fight I didn’t like. I immediately ‘got it’, I understood what they were doing and it had a place in the canon- I just didn’t like it.

I'm finding that seems to be a trend among a lot of movies released in the past few year's. They are just OK. A truly great movie is rare, they are still being made but it's getting harder to find. I don't know if it's because of saturation with the streaming and cable productions expanding. Maybe they are taking talent from the big screen.

Back