Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

DUNE 2 Weekend !!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.....yes I'm a nerd

Can't wait to see it tomorrow!
Watched it. Didn’t like it. Too many inconsistencies and weird shit happening.

Feyd Rautha with his Sam Brinton-looking ass running around looking like he’s a mustache away from stealing women’s luggage at the airport.

Last edited:
Watched it. Didn’t like it. Too many inconsistencies and weird shit happening.

Feyd Rautha with his Sam Brinton-looking ass running around looking like he’s a mustache away from stealing women’s luggage at the airport.

I watched it Friday. I honestly kept thinking...where have I seen this guy before?

I didn't read the books, so I didn't know how it would end...or not end.

Oppenheimer

The movie stars Florence Pugh's magnificent breasts, Emily Blunt, and some dudes I've seen somewhere. Joker from that Marine movie, Good Will Hunting, that Irish gangster fellow, and Iron Man all make an appearance.

For some reason, the film is titled Oppenheimer but I don't think that's what Florence Pugh calls her magnificent chest region. I doubt Emily Blunt refers to herself as Oppenheimer, so I can only conclude that word refers to one of the dudes.

The film is very good, though it switches between black and white, past and present, Florence Pugh with and without clothes. Emily Blunt affects a soft Southern accent capable of luring me towards a divorce while Florence Pugh's magnificent breasts lurk in the background. For some reason, this first time scrub director elected to focus on guys instead of Florence Pugh and Emily Blunt; I can only conclude he is gay.

Anyway, there's science and stuff, plus Florence Pugh and Emily Blunt. The story appears to center on the race to expose Japan to the bright shining light of freedom, but appears to sideline Florence and Emily to supporting actresses or something because the director is a scrub.

The story is quite good, though jumping between color and black and white is a bit off-putting. It's obvious the director doesn't understand his cast or else he'd feature the FloBlunt show more often. Personally, I'd prefer to watch 2 hours of the FloBlunt Scissoring Show, but for some reason this gay man wants us to see science and dudes.

I think it's worth a watch, just don't expect too much from the stars of the show, Florence Pugh's magnificent breasts. 1 out of 5 mushroom clouds unless you like acting and dudes, then it becomes a 4.5 out of 5.

Despite my cheeky post above, which I stand by, Oppenheimer is very, very good. Still 4.5 out of 5 (I should probably go to a 10 point scale), it is rather powerful, insightful, and moving in the last 30-45 minutes. It is a great movie if you're willing to think.

Also, Emily Blunt or Florence Pugh could give me an STD through sexual intercourse (Blunt over Pugh by a hair) and I'd still break their backs so hard they would need physical therapy just to sit in a wheelchair. I would move those guts so much I could be an interior designer. I'd beat them so bad the CIA's Guantanamo office couldn't offer a defense. I'd...never have a fucking chance. Let's be real.

But those would be the best 15 seconds of my life.

Also, go watch Oppenheimer. It's a really good movie. Seriously. Great cast, great story, and worth your time.

And if Emily or Florence are reading this? Drop me a PM. I respond to @SpongeBob*24 within 2 weeks, but you two...my door is always open.

9 out of 10 kangaroo courts

Civil War: More about combat or war zone journalists than an actual U.S. Civil War...

Pretty good story, not over done with action though the scenes are bad ass. You never really know the background or which side is supposed to be the "good guys". They make it look like atrocites on all sides, bombed out downtowns and malls etc.

I think they really missed an opportunity to make a 3 hour long epic Civil War 2.0 movie and wasted the topic on a 90 min. basic ass film...

3/5 Chinese made explosive drones

Civil War: More about combat or war zone journalists than an actual U.S. Civil War...

Pretty good story, not over done with action though the scenes are bad ass. You never really know the background or which side is supposed to be the "good guys". They make it look like atrocites on all sides, bombed out downtowns and malls etc.

I think they really missed an opportunity to make a 3 hour long epic Civil War 2.0 movie and wasted the topic on a 90 min. basic ass film...

I believe the Director wanted the focus to be more on the impact of a civil war than the actual cause

Isn't that kinda the point? Both sides think their cause is righteous. Only today are we trying to destroy the reconciliation process. Almost 200 years later. The scars of the US Civil War are incredibly deep, and the amount of people trying to open them are wild.

In my eyes, and I think the future will prove me correct, we are no where near an actual civil war. This movie has about the same cultural significance of World War Z or The Walking Dead so I was hoping for an epic story line.

The acting was good, and the story was interesting. But I felt let down by it because I was expecting more. I read a few reviews of it saying it was a pointless storyline with no resolution, but I went anyway. In the end, the civil war part was just background and the touching character reflections that develop just fade away in the final scenes.

Back