Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

I know everyone was thinking "Rogue One needs a professional AAR" so here you go.

No More Task Force Rogue Ones: A Tactical Analysis of the Raid on Scarif

Once the shuttle lands on Scarif at the de facto objective rally point (ORP), the infiltration team seizes Imperial officer uniforms and enter the data archives center using deception. The special operations teams exfiltrate the shuttle, leaving a small security detachment for the ORP and shuttle. No leader’s reconnaissance is conducted and there are no fallback positions identified for the teams. As each team fans out to their objectives, movement is tactical and each team is prepared for enemy contact. The teams keep local security and communications with the infiltration team.

Rebel Intelligence bears no small part of the blame for the destruction of Task Force Rogue One for failing to properly vet their sources. Had Jyn been an accepted member of the intelligence community, Mon Mothma would have been able to rally the Rebel Alliance around the mission and give it the support that it needed.

That time @Marauder06 and @Il Duce doomed a raid...

I know everyone was thinking "Rogue One needs a professional AAR" so here you go.

No More Task Force Rogue Ones: A Tactical Analysis of the Raid on Scarif

That time @Marauder06 and @Il Duce doomed a raid...

After seeing Rogue One I briefly considered writing something for article107 on how the rebel alliance was clearly built on the back of enslaving droids - genteel farmers trying to preserve their 'way of life.' After realizing how much of it would expound upon the 'house droids' like those featured in the movie I thought maybe it wasn't my best satire instinct.

After seeing Rogue One I briefly considered writing something for article107 on how the rebel alliance was clearly built on the back of enslaving droids - genteel farmers trying to preserve their 'way of life.' After realizing how much of it would expound upon the 'house droids' like those featured in the movie I thought maybe it wasn't my best satire instinct.

One of the best pieces of Star Wars satire/ comedy:
Hooper: Always some white boy gotta invoke the holy trilogy. Bust this: Those movies are about how the white man keeps the brother man down, even in a galaxy far, far away. Check this shit: You got cracker farm boy Luke Skywalker, Nazi poster boy, blond hair, blue eyes. And then you got Darth Vader, the blackest brother in the galaxy, Nubian god!

Banky Edwards: What's a Nubian?

Hooper: Shut the fuck up! Now... Vader, he's a spiritual brother, y'know, down with the force and all that good shit. Then this cracker, Skywalker, gets his hands on a light saber and the boy decides he's gonna run the fuckin' universe; gets a whole clan of whites together. And they go and bust up Vader's hood, the Death Star. Now what the fuck do you call that?

Banky Edwards: Intergalactic civil war?

Hooper: Gentrification! They gon' drive out the black element to make the galaxy quote, unquote, safe for white folks. And Jedi's the most insulting installment! Because Vader's beautiful black visage is sullied when he pulls off his mask to reveal a feeble, crusty, old white man! They tryin' to tell us that deep inside we all wants to be white!

Banky Edwards: Well, isn't that true?

(Hooper pulls out his gun, shoots Banky)

Thoughts on taking a 14 year old? We see a lot of movies together and both want to see this, but I read somewhere that the girl is tortured, that's a "no go" for me if true.

I guess it's about what you think he'd be comfortable with, since some kids would be able to handle it and others might have nightmares for weeks. It's pretty violent, lots of f bombs dropped, and a flashing scene.

Cannot fucking wait.

"You probably wouldn't be dead if I was Logan. What's he got to change into? Guy wears a tanktop and a pair of jeans." :ROFLMAO:

Lol this played before Logan, so don't do what I did and wait for a hidden trailer to appear after/during the credits. There wasn't one :mad:

Logan was amazing. It's in the same category as Deadpool, Dark Knight and Civil War in that it's not a good superhero movie- it's just a straight up good movie. Honestly I will be surprised if Patrick Stewart doesn't finally get an Oscar nomination for his role as professor X. Hugh killed it (literally) but Sir Stewart made that movie.

Anyone see Kong yet? It's getting decent reviews.

Logan was amazing. It's in the same category as Deadpool, Dark Knight and Civil War in that it's not a good superhero movie- it's just a straight up good movie. Honestly I will be surprised if Patrick Stewart doesn't finally get an Oscar nomination for his role as professor X. Hugh killed it (literally) but Sir Stewart made that movie.

Anyone see Kong yet? It's getting decent reviews.
Saw Logan today- I don't fawn over actors/performances/movies too often, but holy SHIT did Hugh Jackman just define that role. I presume that I will live long enough to hear/see someone reprise the Wolverine role in one way or another, but he is hands down the only one that should be allowed. That movie, and his performance, were just amazing. There should be a 10 year retirement of that character to truly appreciate how well Hugh Jackman did.

Sir Patrick Stewart was amazing as well.

I don't think I want to see any superhero movies that aren't R rated anymore.

Back