Swim Advice for a Beginner?

You are not a Dick, you are "don't ask, don't tell" kind of person just like everyone else I know in the AF....That means you to IJ

Thank you everybody to the helpful posts here. I greatly appreciate it. Looking back on the original post it seems pretty rookie and uninformed. I'm obviously out of BMT and Tech as a cop and its pretty frustrating being Reserve when I want some action and work experience but it does give me good time to continue my education and train for my ultimate goal. I've been in contact with the PJ unit at my base and will be attending taking the PAST and interviewing in the beginning of May. I don't expect problems but then again real problems are usually unexpected. One think I'm having trouble with that doesn't have to do with the PAST is being able to breathe out my mouth when wearing a mask full of water. Apparently its possible so I guess I'll just keep trying at my sink until I get it.

Thank you everybody to the helpful posts here. I greatly appreciate it. Looking back on the original post it seems pretty rookie and uninformed. I'm obviously out of BMT and Tech as a cop and its pretty frustrating being Reserve when I want some action and work experience but it does give me good time to continue my education and train for my ultimate goal. I've been in contact with the PJ unit at my base and will be attending taking the PAST and interviewing in the beginning of May. I don't expect problems but then again real problems are usually unexpected. One think I'm having trouble with that doesn't have to do with the PAST is being able to breathe out my mouth when wearing a mask full of water. Apparently its possible so I guess I'll just keep trying at my sink until I get it.
Do it in the shower. Also realize it's much easier to do when calm vice getting your shit pushed in.

The 500m under 9:00 was slick right?[/quote]

Yes, it was slick. Sorry it took me so long to reply, havent been on in a while.

Back