"Thank You For Your Service:" Yes, Or No?

Chicks have started saying “thank you for your service” via tinder when I tell them I’m Army. My typical response- “I’m just here to service you.” Thus far I’d say I’m at 50/50 success... considering 50% of the time they like it, and 50% of the time I’m banned from Tinder...

So you're saying that you only tried it twice...

It's also linked to your Lowes reward card thing, that you swipe. They always end the transaction with "thank you for your service."

Yep, that's what I've been using. They've made it pretty easy and straightforward to use.

Chicks have started saying “thank you for your service” via tinder when I tell them I’m Army...

810d95fdd75a22fcc05c6432a6e4749db66be53ca1ef4cadc5b1281658a610f5.jpg

I have a love/hate attitude about this topic.

If I wear military themed attire, no one assumes I'm a vet. Or they assume it comes from the husband. I've got a few things that are wimmenz vet stuff I wear and it has found me some other women vets, which is absolutely cool, but generally it's ignored by other people.

The men vets in my life when thanked will point me out to the thank-er and say she's a vet too, which embarrasses the thank-er and their response feels rather insincere to me for which I could care less.

I generally end up down playing that aspect of my life to minimize the unease it generates in others.

LL

Back