The China Thread (Threat)

@R.Caerbannog @frostyred

Playing devil's advocate here, but it seems like big tech is more influenced directly by capitalism than anything regardless of political alignment. That's not to say they are actively plotting or helping the U.S., but instead are looking to give their respective companies the leading edge across the board whether that be profits, technology or overhead. Would that be misreading it or?

Apologies if it's hard to understand what I'm trying to say, was trying to come up with a way to type out what I was thinking.
@RackMaster and @Board and Seize have pretty good takes on this. Power, ideology, and to a lesser extent money.

I think big tech is focused on accruing power. They've essentially enthralled a large chunk of the global population without their knowledge. Given the moves they've been making in disseminating their technology and 'experiments' on end user's, I think they're perfecting the projection of soft power via a phone or tablet.

China used this tech to foist an Orwellian nightmare on their people. Big tech on the other hand, has used this power to tap into minds and resources of the world. All without having to conquer territory or fund standing armies. Think East India Trade Company but with information, soylent chugging, and brainwashed progressives. ;-)

Serious Question how many Chinese actually hate the CCP? Why haven’t they tried to remove it or change it?
@Gunz and @frostyred made good summations.

I'm not an expert on the mindset of the average Chinese, but I have some ideas. If you get a chance, check out some of the Manhua's on the net they're great fodder. I'll send you a PM, so as to not potentially get any authors or creators in trouble.

But to echo @Gunz, anyone who is dissatisfied has no way to access arms or training, they have no way of organizing, and comms are useless. If anyone steps outta line, they end up getting their organs cut out while they're still alive.

Not to mention, a huge chunk of China's military forces are primarily committed to keeping the population docile and in check. At the moment, Chian's military is currently faced inwards.

@RackMaster and @Board and Seize have pretty good takes on this. Power, ideology, and to a lesser extent money.

I think big tech is focused on accruing power. They've essentially enthralled a large chunk of the global population without their knowledge. Given the moves they've been making in disseminating their technology and 'experiments' on end user's, I think they're perfecting the projection of soft power via a phone or tablet.

China used this tech to foist an Orwellian nightmare on their people. Big tech on the other hand, has used this power to tap into minds and resources of the world. All without having to conquer territory or fund standing armies. Think East India Trade Company but with information, soylent chugging, and brainwashed progressives. ;-)

@Gunz and @frostyred made good summations.

I'm not an expert on the mindset of the average Chinese, but I have some ideas. If you get a chance, check out some of the Manhua's on the net they're great fodder. I'll send you a PM, so as to not potentially get any authors or creators in trouble.

But to echo @Gunz, anyone who is dissatisfied has no way to access arms or training, they have no way of organizing, and comms are useless. If anyone steps outta line, they end up getting their organs cut out while they're still alive.

Not to mention, a huge chunk of China's military forces are primarily committed to keeping the population docile and in check. At the moment, Chian's military is currently faced inwards.
Thanks

Today the US is ending restrictions on government contact with their counterparts in Taiwan which sees the end of an arrangement in place since 1979. The prior arrangement extended diplomatic recognition to mainland China & ignored Taiwan.

That's good. It'll wind the PRC up something chronic which is always funny to watch.

EDITED

There's a new man in the driver's seat and everybody's testing. DPRK, now the PRC, soon Iran, the Russians, our Euro allies, maybe even the Jihadists. How hard do we push the new guy to get what we want? How far can we go before his backbone stiffens...if it ever does? What strategic gains can we make while the new administration is trying to settle in? Our adversaries often look upon our more liberal administrations as easier marks simply because they tend to be more conciliatory, less antagonistic.

And they all know Biden's got a lot of crap on his plate. An ex-POTUS is about to stand trial in what'll probably be a big dog and pony fiasco. They all saw angry mobs tear up the Capitol. COVID infections raging through the population. It must seem like America's coming apart at the seams and now's the time to take advantage.

I think we're going to see a lot more of this.

Last edited:
The three national security policies I can recall: The Reagan Doctrine/anti-USSR, the GWOT, and America First. I do know that I have not heard Biden articulate any national security policy. With the state of our government right now, especially given the events of the past year, if I was a booger-eater, I'd sure as hell be gathering intel and thinking about plans be them overt, covert, cyber, whatever.

I agree with our esteemed colleague @Gunz , I think we're going to see more of this.

Back