The China Thread (Threat)

The hard truth is that foreign countries are pushing STEM from a much younger than in the USA. Too many American parents say how much they hate fractions and that math is hard and try to compare following your passion with building a career to the point where when kids struggle with STEM they push them to the arts.

We need the arts. They're the heart and soul of a people. It won't build a quantum computer though.

We need to balance foreign research and talent in our schools with security- this is a huge long term and developing issue. China also invests a lot of money into STEM. In fact, China spends nearly eight times as much as the US and twice as much as the entire EU on quantum technology.

They know the future is in tech, so Xi and the gang are investing accordingly.

To add to the theme of China's cyberwarfare capabilities. The first link is to an 18-page report (28 if you include footnotes) on China's cyber ranges. It isn't nerdy and non-tech folks can digest the report. To wit: the Chinese gov't has invested heavily in massive and complex cyber ranges where it can practice offensive and defensive cyber operations.

If nothing else, the executive summary is a good read.

Downrange: A Survey of China’s Cyber Ranges - Center for Security and Emerging Technology

One day when all the power goes out and energy infrastructure shuts down we'll find out about Taiwan being invaded when it finally comes back online.

We should be working just as hard on our attack and defense capabilities.

Who else gets identity theft protection for life because China stole all your personal information?

There’s quite a bit to take on board, but I wouldn’t think the two governments are complicit though.
Would it be better to call these people sell outs or traitors? Given the amount of money exchanging hands between Western govt officials and CCP cronies I don't know what else to call their shenanigans.

Would it be better to call these people sell outs or traitors? Given the amount of money exchanging hands between Western govt officials and CCP cronies I don't know what else to call their shenanigans.

When you are a government official that was empowered to serve the citizens, is there really any difference between being a "sell out" and being a "traitor"
Verily, I say to thee, there is NOT.

When you are a government official that was empowered to serve the citizens, is there really any difference between being a "sell out" and being a "traitor"
Verily, I say to thee, there is NOT.
So then, how do we stop the bleeding? Is there a way to hold these people accountable for the damage they've done?

Because from my vantage point I'm seeing the CCP so deeply furrowed in academia, the real estate market, and politics, that I'm not seeing a way out of this quagmire.

So then, how do we stop the bleeding? Is there a way to hold these people accountable for the damage they've done?

Because from my vantage point I'm seeing the CCP so deeply furrowed in academia, the real estate market, and politics, that I'm not seeing a way out of this quagmire.

Sticking with my Jeopardy Theme, I'll say, "What is, Vote Harder?"

Sticking with my Jeopardy Theme, I'll say, "What is, Vote Harder?"
Are you sure that's gonna help? I sincerely believe China helped steal an election and install a Chicom friendly administration into power. It's gonna take a lot more than "voting harder" to fix this.

It's gonna take war or expelling a large portion of their assets and sleepers here in the US, not to mention their political prostitutes, to fix this.

Last edited:
Are you sure that's gonna help? I sincerely believe China helped steal an election and install a Chicom friendly administration into power. It's gonna take a lot more than "voting harder" to fix this.

It's gonna take war or expelling a large portion of their assets and sleepers here in the US, not to mention their prostitutes, to fix this.

A democracy/ republic tends to affect change by 3 boxes: soap, ballot, ammo. This isn't me advocating for the latter, but a reality borne by history.

IMO, the best (but unrealistic) way to avoid violence is for businesses to leave China; take their money and run. That isn't happening. If we were to install a government with the stones to reduce Chinese influence we would see a very authoritarian gov't in both the legislative and executive branches. A government strong enough and devoted enough to punt the Chinese without enacting pretty harsh measures at home doesn't exist.

Chinese money has irrevocably corrupted our politicians and media.

A democracy/ republic tends to affect change by 3 boxes: soap, ballot, ammo. This isn't me advocating for the latter, but a reality borne by history.

IMO, the best (but unrealistic) way to avoid violence is for businesses to leave China; take their money and run. That isn't happening. If we were to install a government with the stones to reduce Chinese influence we would see a very authoritarian gov't in both the legislative and executive branches. A government strong enough and devoted enough to punt the Chinese without enacting pretty harsh measures at home doesn't exist.

Chinese money has irrevocably corrupted our politicians and media.
I've heard of US businesses leaving China for other shores, due to high manufacturing costs. That said, China has already built up an industrial power base and has been harnessing western tech and knowledge for decades. The damage is done. Not to mention their cozy relationship with the Europeans. I just don't know how quickly a lack of trade will force them to stop being dipshits.

TBH, the only way out I'm seeing is the selected targeting and elimination of their assets on US soil. That or the fracturing of the CCP.

soooo.....
...is the answer

"What is, vote a LOT harder ??"
That's gonna involve waking up a shitload of people from their pleasant slumber.

People aren't asleep - they just don't care.
In fact, not only are people awake and apathetic - most are just morally corrupt and want nothing but their 30 pieces of silver.

Just my own biased opinion of course - I can't actually site any academic research, media reporting, or approved narratives that support my comments.

People aren't asleep - they just don't care.
In fact, not only are people awake and apathetic - most are just morally corrupt and want nothing but their 30 pieces of silver.

Just my own biased opinion of course - I can't actually site any academic research, media reporting, or approved narratives that support my comments.

The current situation in Canada proves this. Trudeau and ilk, have dirty hands in the CCP pot. And people will still vote for the clown. When both our countries "Liberal" parties are so focused on Russia, it would make McCarthy blush. But the real enemy is the CCP.

Terry Glavin: Here's the report on Chinese interference that Johnston should have written

Oh we're not forgetting about you, Southern Hemisphere China. ;-)
TBH, the bipartisan approach to foreign affairs & defence here has brought some good results. The previous govt. reduced foreign investment to zero for all nations. Can’t limbo under that & without naming names we all knew who. Due to their trade bitch slap on some of our commodities we took them to the WHO for a remedy as it was unfair. They have a history; Latvia, Norway et. Al., which worked & the PRC decided to play fair. In light of the vid claiming there’s a fire sale, find another market. We’ve stood up to China in other measures & again the vid paints a scenario implying they’re unstoppable. Oz has proved that through well considered measures they can be asked to think it through. Our current govt stance is we cooperate where we can & disagree where we must.

It’s just basic supply/demand. Someone has goods to sell, there’s a buyer, voila! Not sure I’d call them traitors. The powers that be may not have noticed what the vid is portraying, but that’s a moot point. The Sun Tzu principle of combative coexistence in its modern version is of offensive deterrence which is a good place to kick off any relationship with China.

Back