The China Thread (Threat)

TBH, the bipartisan approach to foreign affairs & defence here has brought some good results. The previous govt. reduced foreign investment to zero for all nations. Can’t limbo under that & without naming names we all knew who. Due to their trade bitch slap on some of our commodities we took them to the WHO for a remedy as it was unfair. They have a history; Latvia, Norway et. Al., which worked & the PRC decided to play fair. In light of the vid claiming there’s a fire sale, find another market. We’ve stood up to China in other measures & again the vid paints a scenario implying they’re unstoppable. Oz has proved that through well considered measures they can be asked to think it through. Our current govt stance is we cooperate where we can & disagree where we must.

So I guess, that makes you Southern Hemisphere Taiwan and New Zealand, Southern Hemisphere China. ;-)

It’s just basic supply/demand. Someone has goods to sell, there’s a buyer, voila! Not sure I’d call them traitors. The powers that be may not have noticed what the vid is portraying, but that’s a moot point. The Sun Tzu principle of combative coexistence in its modern version is of offensive deterrence which is a good place to kick off any relationship with China.
I'd call them traitors. These bureaucrats and "appointed" govt officials have sold our technological and manufacturing edge to a hostile communist government. To add insult to injury, our own political freedoms and way of life are being destroyed by these godless communists and their puppets.

Between the chicoms targeting our kids (TikTok/social media), fucking up our way of life, and all their other BS, I'd call these collaborators traitors.

I listen to NPR on my drive home from work. I often disagree with their editorializing and analysis, but find the topics of interest because you just don't hear about them from other media.

Yesterday I was listening to a story about China's former secretary of state Qin Gang. Apparently he was on the fast track to political stardom in China, but was disappeared (as in, fell off the face of the earth) and replaced by former secretary of state Wang Yi. Being disappeared is a matter of norm for them, but this one came out of nowhere as Qin's ascendancy seemed pretty solid.

I listen to NPR on my drive home from work. I often disagree with their editorializing and analysis, but find the topics of interest because you just don't hear about them from other media.

Yesterday I was listening to a story about China's former secretary of state Qin Gang. Apparently he was on the fast track to political stardom in China, but was disappeared (as in, fell off the face of the earth) and replaced by former secretary of state Wang Yi. Being disappeared is a matter of norm for them, but this one came out of nowhere as Qin's ascendancy seemed pretty solid.
I used to listen to NPR all the time but started noticing that they seemed more and more like a left-wing echo chamber (because they are). Like many other media outlets, they completely lost their minds during the Trump era. I got tired of listening to them talk about how bad I am and how bad my country is so I tuned them out altogether.

Epoch Times does a lot about China if you're ever interested in reading more about it.

I used to listen to NPR all the time but started noticing that they seemed more and more like a left-wing echo chamber (because they are). Like many other media outlets, they completely lost their minds during the Trump era. I got tired of listening to them talk about how bad I am and how bad my country is so I tuned them out altogether.

Epoch Times does a lot about China if you're ever interested in reading more about it.

Yes, they are. I don't pay much attention to the 'stories', just the news at the top of the hour. Some of the stories I find interesting, but one does have to listen knowing there's an agenda.

Back