The "CrossFit Culture" is a bunch of DORKS!!!

You should see the rebuttal to the lawsuit- it's unreal. I could have done better than Dale Saran. Who, by the way, challenged me to a fight a long time ago. Via facebook. This is not a joke.

I would pay money to see that.

That's funny. The programming for the games so far makes me wonder wtf is going on. This is encouraging folks to be idiotic. One thing I haven't seen on the live coverage is that none of the athletes were forced to stop by the officials due to fatigue. I saw more than a few that should have been told they were done for the competition. But, you know, who cares right?

Not to dogpile- just imagine if Gold's Gym had to deal with nearly 1 in 5 of the people that sign up getting injured and requiring surgery.

They would literally implode.

You and CDG are absolutely right. It is the severity and nature of the injuries that is most worrisome. Thanks for the feedback!

bump

That's funny. The programming for the games so far makes me wonder wtf is going on. This is encouraging folks to be idiotic. One thing I haven't seen on the live coverage is that none of the athletes were forced to stop by the officials due to fatigue. I saw more than a few that should have been told they were done for the competition. But, you know, who cares right?

Lol, yea, me too actually. Here is the conversation- it evolved from a conversation about something completely unrelated. Anyway, fun times. I have friends that are also friends with Dale, and I have passed my regards several times.

View attachment 11270

His reaction was quite Dave Castro-esque.

I'm kind of impressed.

I wonder what the guys think about Froning retiring. A native of Charlotte, NC once said "To be the man, you have to beat the man...WOOOOOOOOO!!!!" ( Freefalling might be one of a few to get the reference).
Do you think there will be sour grapes because no one will be able to "beat the man" now or do you think they're glad he's gone?

I wonder what the guys think about Froning retiring. A native of Charlotte, NC once said "To be the man, you have to beat the man...WOOOOOOOOO!!!!" ( Freefalling might be one of a few to get the reference).
Do you think there will be sour grapes because no one will be able to "beat the man" now or do you think they're glad he's gone?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zach

ALL OF THE LIKES.

Starting to feel like an ass about the question I asked. But why were none of the athletes stopped by officials for exhaustion and safety concerns? Because I would have stopped a handful of folks.

An ass also has no fear? If any have insight I'd love it to be explained. Because if these dudes want to be legitimate, this is a big deal.

Starting to feel like an ass about the question I asked. But why were none of the athletes stopped by officials for exhaustion and safety concerns? Because I would have stopped a handful of folks.

An ass also has no fear? If any have insight I'd love it to be explained. Because if these dudes want to be legitimate, this is a big deal.
What's the basis for your question? You saw ON TV more than a few that you would have told they were done? That's right up there with starting a sentence off with "I read on the internet..." Despite your personal opinion on CF, if it works, if it kills people, if it makes you fit, etc, the guys/gals at the games have mastered their work capacity. They know when to rest and how long to rest. Again, your question and the sentiments contained within your post seem totally baseless unless I'm missing something.

I find your opinion disconcerting. As athletes in competition, that's when you ignore all of the pain. Rugby, Football, and soccer players finish games with broken legs. In Rugby, Soccer, Football, Basketball, Baseball etc there is a crazy amount of sports medicine folks involved at the upper echelon that stop athletes in their tracks for a variety of reasons. One of those is for the future health of that athlete, the other obviously being the future of the club. More often now, we don't see guys getting shot up with cortizone every week in their knees (Mark Schlereth) IOT to play on a Sunday.

I'm saying based on what I saw, the sports medicine portion for CrossFit during the games was missing. Yeah, they kept going, but some of them should probably have been forced to stop. Maybe it is there, but it isn't evident. If 100% of all the athletes are chilling, and feeling like villains that competed in the games, ok. However, that doesn't mean shit about next year's games.

Back