The Lead the Way Fund's 3rd Annual Run Down Hero Highway

Rudy

November 15, 2009, at Pier 46 in Manhattan, the Lead the Way Fund will kick off the 3rd Annual Run Down Hero Highway at 10:00 a.m. (registration starts at 9:03 a.m.).

The Lead the Way Fund was founded in honor of SGT James "Jimmy" Regan (C/3/75 9FEB07 KIA Baqubah, Iraq) to benefit the families of Rangers killed, wounded and serving abroad in defense of Our Country.

The Run Down Hero Highway is organized by a few of Jimmy's friends from his college days who wanted to honor Jimmy's service and sacrifice, but also to do more than just pay the entry fees for various other LTWF events. This was what we came up with.

It is a day to get out and enjoy one more day outside before winter arrives, to raise a glass with old friends and new, and most importantly to honor and remember those that Lead the Way: Soldiers serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment of the United States Army. Walk, run or ruck...and then imbibe.

Entry fee is $50 (includes t-shirt and brunch)

After the run, we will rally at P.J. Clarke's on the Hudson, at 250 Vesey Street in the World Financial Center, for food, drinks and live music, as well as a special presentation to the Regan family by the American Fallen Soldiers Project.

To register, please go to the Lead the Way Fund website (www.leadthewayfund.org) and click on EVENTS. This is the preferred method; we will of course take any walk-ups the day of the event.

Please spread the word to friends, family members and any others you think may be interested. There are some fellow ShadowSpear members who attended last year that can attest to it being a great time.

We hope to see you at the start line, 15 NOV 09. Rangers Lead the Way!

Respectfully submitted,
Rudy

Cool beans, Rudy! I've marked my calendar and look forward to it. PJ Clarke's sounds fun.

Hope you're doing well. :)

Just a reminder...

We're less than two weeks away. Our numbers are looking good.

This year will be very special, as American Fallen Soldiers Project will be presenting a portrait of SGT Regan to the Regan Family. It is sure to be a very moving tribute.

Looking forward to seeing some of you again and hopefully meeting some others. OD, put me on your list!

Best,
Rudy

Last time...

We're under one week away.

Just a reminder. We take walk-ups the day of the event. No guarantee you'll get the size you want, but we should have enough t-shirts for you. Under Armour donated a boatload...

Thank you all for your support. Far more importantly, thank you Rangers for your service to Our Country.

RLTW,
Rudy

I just registered even though I'm not sure I can make the run.
If I don't show up, one of you guys pick up my t-shirt for me!

Ex3's shirt

All attending,
I've got Ex3 covered and will see that she gets her t-shirt.

Sorry we won't see you this year, Ex3! Will hope for next year.

PR!

Just found out: The Montell Williams show will be interviewing Mr. and Mrs. Regan tomorrow at 1045 about the Lead the Way Fund. No doubt they'll speak to what our Army Rangers do and the hardships faced by the families at home.

Just FYI.

RLTW!

Very cool.

Just found out: The Montell Williams show will be interviewing Mr. and Mrs. Regan tomorrow at 1045 about the Lead the Way Fund. No doubt they'll speak to what our Army Rangers do and the hardships faced by the families at home.

Just FYI.

RLTW!

I'm now CONUS and I registered today.
Are we yomping (rucking) this year or taking it easy?

Excellent.
Anyone needs a pack (TT 3 day) let me know. Weights are on you but I MIGHT be able to adjust that.

Back