The self identity thread.

I haven’t met her yet, but I hear about her. People don’t really talk shit on her, but she has been brought up in conversation a handful of times. It’s got to be difficult to be in the spotlight like that, I just hope she keeps a good sense of humor about it so that her teammates don’t alienate her.

At the risk of offending the trans-whatever fringe, fairness, at some point, has to apply to the vast majority of women athletes, who have trained their asses off to compete against their peers…not some hulking, muscle-bound chick with an Adam’s apple.

Last edited:
At the risk of offending the trans-whatever fringe, fairness, at some point, has to apply to the vast majority of women athletes, who have trained their asses off to compete against their peers…not some hulking, muscle-bound chick with an Adam’s apple.
I was going to get my Adam’s apple shaved down.

I always thought sports should have an “open” category, where anything goes in regards to steroids and drugs. I want to see why the human body is actually capable of when your dusted and taking gear.

It would also make a good research project…but everybody would have to be equally dusted and taking the same gear to make it fair. Or is “open” open to anybody dosing any kind of gym candy?

You won’t know the measure of human physical limitations until your best performer’s head explodes.

It would also make a good research project…but everybody would have to be equally dusted and taking the same gear to make it fair. Or is “open” open to anybody dosing any kind of gym candy?

You won’t know the measure of human physical limitations until your best performer’s head explodes.

At this point PED’s are basically legal.

If you are a guy who wants to take HGH or testosterone supplements, that are legally supplied, it is as easy as a trip to your primary care physician. If they turn you down, you can try one of the online services.

PEDs don’t enhance talent. Barry bonds is the best baseball player of all time.Hard stop. He said “oh you guys like home runs?” And went and jacked all the home runs. PEDs didn’t give him his hand eye coordination. PEDs didn’t get him to where he was, he just wanted to improve what was already the greatest talent we’ve ever seen.

I think most PED use these days is geared toward injury recovery. It isn’t for massive gains. Players understand now that PED usage doesn’t increase talent, or skill, it aids in recovery. You show up with 20lbs of muscle you are getting flagged these days.

If you are a guy who wants to take HGH or testosterone supplements, that are legally supplied, it is as easy as a trip to your primary care physician. If they turn you down, you can try one of the online services.

PEDs don’t enhance talent. Barry bonds is the best baseball player of all time.Hard stop. He said “oh you guys like home runs?” And went and jacked all the home runs. PEDs didn’t give him his hand eye coordination. PEDs didn’t get him to where he was, he just wanted to improve what was already the greatest talent we’ve ever seen.

I think most PED use these days is geared toward injury recovery. It isn’t for massive gains. Players understand now that PED usage doesn’t increase talent, or skill, it aids in recovery. You show up with 20lbs of muscle you are getting flagged these days.

Barry Bonds was the shit. IMHO, Maguire not far behind.

Disagree because PED use will definitely kill you. But hey, to each their own.

PEDs are no more likely to kill you than any other medications.

It's all about dosage and health monitoring. The drugs don't kill you, improper usage does.

That meathead at the gym who's stacking oral dbol with trenbolone but not taking an atomatase inhibitor, watching his cholesterol/blood pressure levels, or paying attention to his liver is probably gonna die in his 40s with B-cup tits.

The likely 90%+ of professional athletes taking these under medical supervision? Probably no more risky than you getting 200mg of TRT once a week at your local clinic.

You're entitled to have a laissez-faire attitude, and part of my role is to protect my athletes.

Very few people take "safe" amounts of PEDs that aid in "recovery". That's the whole point, to allow you to recover at a more rapid rate so that you may increase your chronic training load which is how you're able to produce great power threshold or endurance beyond your genetics will allow you to do. And with that comes negative health consequences.

It's not a laissez-faire attitude in regards to PED use, it's just not being 30 years behind on the knowledge of use.

Thinking athletes using PEDs is going to kill them in 2022 is like thinking smoking one joint is going to lead to you shooting black tar heroin in a truck stop bathroom; both of those ideas are from the 80s/90s before people knew better.

Maybe the culture is completely different in rubgy because the player pay is peanuts compared to the major sports, but its naive to not understand that the vast majority of athletes are using PEDs in order to stay competitive.

Disagree because PED use will definitely kill you. But hey, to each their own.

Show me you don’t know what you are talking about, without saying you don’t know what you are talking about.
You're entitled to have a laissez-faire attitude, and part of my role is to protect my athletes.

Very few people take "safe" amounts of PEDs that aid in "recovery". That's the whole point, to allow you to recover at a more rapid rate so that you may increase your chronic training load which is how you're able to produce great power threshold or endurance beyond your genetics will allow you to do. And with that comes negative health consequences.

Your athletes?

You a doctor now?

I don’t think you honestly have any understanding of what athletes, and people do now. I think your definition of PEDs is also likely absent accurate description because every league, and sport has different definitions. Amateur rugby may follow WADA guidelines, but common drugs like propranolol, adderall, and albuterol are banned as peds. Those all can cause death as well if taken in obscene doses, as can oxygen, water, salt, and other building blocks of life.

If you work for a amateur or professional sports organization, you should talk to your team physician about what are and are not reasons for using TRT, and other PED’s.

Last edited:
Back